Why are childhood friends not allowed to win?

Why are childhood friends not allowed to win?

Attached: 2Q==.jpg (183x275, 9.81K)

They had all childhood to make a move

So do imoutos but they still get to win occasionally.

I have fapped to every single vanilla osananajimi doujin ever created. In my house, they always win.

Don't know why, but it's an absolute tragedy.

Attached: MillyAshford.jpg (1280x720, 130.83K)

Childhood friends literally always win.

The childhood friend represents the past, and the person that they cling to is the person that the MC used to be. Most anime take place while the MC is at the transition between child and adult. Thus, it makes sense that the childhood friend would lose, because most narrative arcs set with an adolescent MC involve the rejection of youth and irresponsibility and discovering and taking on responsibility for the trials and obligations of adulthood.
Even when that is not what the anime is about, it is expected that after the experiences of adolescence, they will look to the Future as opposed to the Past

what happened to growing up together?

But anime is not real life, it's about feelings and generalized ideas. The audience has neither a loving childhood friend gf nor a hot transfer student gf, so both characters are going to be treated at arms length from the MC who usually doesn't feel strongly about either despite what the backstory may say, because the story is built around the reader / viewer's familiarity with the characters and not the MC's. Because it's a story, his feelings usually don't extend very far into the past before whenever the first episode is; if at all.

i had a chubby osananajimi, so i'll always root for them in series

Attached: 4e447390d9f92e7f975188b6d61b9bcd.png (500x880, 340.56K)

How did she manage to loose on her own route?

Happy Life is still one of my favorite series.

That's well and good, and I agree with your assessment. That said I do feel like we're forgetting the potential for the RETURN HOME part of the cycle. In which case, the CHF could stand as a grounding figure that the hero can use to retain his humanity after after reaching apotheosis.

Watch Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and Infinite Ryvius.

I agree, I think we wouldn't be in this situation if more anime had protagonists with a lot of life experience instead of high schoolers or self-inserts

If childhood friend wins friendless sexless otaku (aka the main audience of harem and romcom) will just go WHAAAT? I MISSED OUT ON THIS?? and chimp out

The one in Little Busters won

She starts dating Junichi for good in the second season. Kiss included.

they're shit

Attached: 1651569468178.jpg (1280x720, 163.62K)

Goddammit this show hoodwinked me good.
I wasn't expecting it to take that hard of a turn but it did, and I was dumbfounded wondering what the fuck happened.

The problem isn't the characters lack of life experience, it's the writers. Nobody knows from living anymore so at best you might get some superficial approximation of the hero's journey but no real tangible first hand experience on anything else.

Attached: 1656619146602.jpg (686x180, 15.75K)

Fuck you, Asa a shit A SHIIIIIT