One Piece: The Wano Country arc is the most disappointing thing since my son

I mean, how much more could you possibly fuck up one of the most important arcs of One Piece? While my son eventually hanged himself in the bathroom of the gas station, the unfortunate reality is that the Wano arc will be around. FOREVER. It will never go away. It can never be undone.

BASED

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOUR FAAAAAAACE?

Attached: 8110536-256-k276938.jpg (256x400, 25.69K)

God I wish Mike and Jay were weaboos just for the possibility of a Plinkett on Wano. But they don’t really do Plinkett anymore, so the best I can hooe fir is some guy doing a Plinkett impression

Thanks for the chuckle anyway user, you nailed Plinkett

Attached: 0E80249C-C2B5-4087-BC90-456559BE2A23.gif (498x280, 1.41M)

Too much character bloat, no cohesive plot structure and too many asspulls. Also, 4 fucking years.

You will LOVE ODEN

I'm not sure Mike even knows Japan exists.

he knows it exists because he's seen the shoji tabuchi show

Mike, knows, but he hates it because it makes Rich happy.

>"That's going to be fucking impossible because she doesn't have a character"

Attached: image_2022-08-18_121852334.png (649x406, 134.05K)

How does it feel knowing that your reviews bullied Lucas into selling the franchise to fucking Disney which effectively killed Star Wars?
I think someone should apologise

Attached: 1522992205298.jpg (420x560, 26.42K)

Star Wars was already shit during Lucas so nothing changed.

Why do people keep saying this? Like her or not, but aside from the Oden larp she is also a naive tomboy and faithful like a dog.
That's enough for a One piece character.

Oden and Oda’s unironic OBSESSION with pushing him onto the readers is one of the biggest things that killed Wano. That and hamfisted exposition
Just off the top of my head
>Utterly graceless lore dump on Oden at the start of his flashback
>Who’s Who’s shizo rambling on the origins of the Gomu Gomu and Sun God Nika
Just landed with all the subtlety of a bag of horseshoes on our fucking heads.
Horrible writing that feels like no one proof read the manuscript before publication.
Nika concept should have been introduced in Udon as some Wanonese fairy tale, you could even have Yasue get his idea to be the Witching Hour Boy be derived from the Nika, God of Freed Slaves legend.
Then have Who’s Who make one mention of losing an Uber important fruit as the reason he eventually wound up facing Jinbe, perhaps havd WW be bitter about it-
Aw fuck it, whats it matter? This Sunday Morning Quarterbacking won’t stop Wano from being overall a shit arc. Nothing ever will

>killed Star Wars
Do we give him a medal?

No amount of hate for the disney movies will ever make the prequels good, they are just as shit if not worse.

>I think someone should apologise
Maybe him for producing crap and then selling it to Disney of all organisations.

I won't apologize for shitting on shit movies

Oden larp is dumb, she just found a diary and started worshipping him? Was there any motivation in doing so? How does this make her a new and interesting character? Its just an annoying long joke.
>Naive tomboy
Meh didnt really matter much that she was naive and strong woman =/= tomboy.
>Faithful like a dog
What?? Faithful to Luffy? A man she didnt know about until the last second and she started worshipping him and self-instering herself into the crew for no apparent reason? Lazy writing, Odas excuse is that SHE WAS A FRIEND OF ACE, YOU WILL LIKE HER!!!!
It would have been far more interesting if Yamato was not lazily added into the story late into the arc.

what was even the point of wanking oden so damn much
I thought it was just a cheap way to meme his cringe larper in the crew but that didn't happen, so just... why?

What I think happened is, Oda thought up this really cool samurai character at some point during the timeskip break, and thought up a bunch of really good scenes involving this character.
Oden eating Oden on a good friends funeral pyre, gathering loyal followrrs, soloing the Kuri region and sitting atop their conquered boss, clashing with Whitebeard, celebrating with Roger, clashing with Kaido only to be cheated out of an honorable battle by the hag, holding the scabbards above the pot of boiling oil and then dying after a big proclamation, with a big smile.

He really wanted to write this character and hit all of those moments, he really really wanted to. But developing a character like that would take a lot of time, a whole new series of books worth of time. But he didn’t want to save Oden for a post One Piece career, he wanted Oden and all of those story beats NOW, in this story. So he forced him in by any means necessary, even if he had to take hacky writing shortcuts constantly to deliver him to the reader.