The problem with dragon ball super

I've been thinking about what DBS has been missing, and the recent turn of events with the return of Frieza made me realize what it is. There are almost no satisfying conclusions to fights and way too much jobbing, even from Goku.

>goku loses to beerus, god form jobs, receives mercy
>goku/vegeta lose to frieza, god blue jobs, whis saves the day
>vegeta blu jobs to hit (of course), goku not able to win decisively against hit either
>HYPE, VEGETO IS BA-jobs to Zamasu because of fusion retcon
>HYPE, TRUNKS JU- doesn't matter lol
>goku and vegeta job to zamasu, saved by zeno
>everyone jobs to jiren
>ULTRA INSTIN- still jobs to Jiren, saved by Frieza (but kinda hype still)
>The entire More arc and everything after is just UI and UE jobbing to everyone
>defeated and saved? by Frieza

Do you see the pattern? Super is devoid of almost any satisfying conclusions to arcs and major battles. The Frieza and Cell arc were amazing because they were capped off with epic unforgettable finales that fans will go back and watch to this day, IMO the Buu arc was the beginning of the trend of endless jobbing and transformations not meaning anything. Which is the second problem, transformations don't mean anything anymore, if a fighter gets a new form you can almost bet that they are about to lose! I just don't understand, for whatever reason they simply will not pull the trigger on Goku just straight up overcoming all odds to win a big fight clean.

Attached: 81PWskFwwIL.jpg (1400x2100, 429.88K)

Super sucks for a lot of reasons, man.

Spic balls super tryharding HxH? you won't deconstruct shit

Attached: clown.jpg (225x225, 8.38K)

I know, it could never live up to what was, but I believe the writers are doing a disservice by making Goku and the others appear so weak and incapable of getting the job done without miracles from the gods and shit. Imagine Gohan vs Cell, but instead of Gohan winning Cell randomly died of a virus mid combat. That's the type of bullshit super is on, its anti hype.

Whis constantly saving everyone is literally easy-mode
Zero tension

And we're supposed to believe he can't interfere if he constantly does?

No they're just trying to up the stakes. All the fights have an end more or less. The original series did this all the time as well.

>Ultra instinct just exists to job to make villains look stronger
Super Saiyan was used exactly the same way by Toriyama.
Good Dragonball concludes at the end of Frieza saga.
Everything after that is just power level scaling nonsense and new forms and fusions and all that normie tier shit.

Obviously ssj1 wouldn't be OP forever, and it becoming useless was used correctly to set up the next form.

the problem with dragon ball super is that it has almost no original ideas and there is barely any plot, they keep bringing back old characters or reusing old plotlines.
every now and then they come up with something genuinely new like ultra instinct but for every drop of originality you have to put up with tons of reused content.

Reminds me of the YYH chapter black arc. To avoid power level shenanigans the new villains were basically weaklings who had unique powers that gave them the edge over the now super powered main cast...then it turn back into power level shenanigans at the end. Weird that dragon ball has never tried that.

Because you are so used to the DBZ formula of characters get their shit pushed in, train then fight, new transformation, win fight.
What Super does is try to bring back the original Dragonball Formula of other characters getting stronger rather than JUST (oh here are strong fighters you haven't heard of, then delay so the hero can train to fight and beat the bad guy)
Super is trying to expand the universe their own way, villians being able to take advantage of what the heroes took advantage of, going to planets catching bad guys, new forms of training rather than just the ussual training, the affects of the dragonballs, and leaving you with cliff hangers instead of a satisfying end to an arc.
All that Super is trying to make all these characters so powerful because it's exciting to see more fighters on the similar level fighting eachother than just the protagonist getting angry and steam rolls the antagonist.

To be fair beating weakling villain might be not really that satisfying.

Attached: Shane.png (1185x2294, 477.26K)

That sounds very nice on paper, but the problem is none of the arcs are gonna be memorable or satisfying because of it. Regardless of anything, you still have the responsibility of making the arc stand on its own as something good and worthwhile. I'm no elite dragonball fanboy, but I am a fan, and I have no desire to go back and watch any of this shit because every end is just blue balls. Honestly I'd sooner go back and watch GT over the previous super arcs.

>All that Super is trying to make all these characters so powerful because
Sorry for my shitty typing.
What Super is trying to do is make stronger characters so that it's more interesting by making everyone at the same level in their own way. So that the fights aren't just Goku transforming and saving the day.

The actual problem is that they dug up this old carcass of a franchise just to sell toys and remind manchildren of their childhood, not to do anything worthwhile or challenging with it. The lack of any genuine passion is obvious no matter where you look, from the lazy traced art of the manga, to the humiliating QUALITY of the anime, to the Atari Jaguar graphics of the new movie.
Nostalgia pandering is a cancer that will never produce anything good. At some point, we all collectively need to learn as a society that the spirit behind the things we liked growing up was more important than the things themselves.

Attached: episode5.png (494x800, 168.98K)

>So that the fights aren't just Goku transforming and saving the day.
I'm against that as well, but that's what you have multiple main characters for, give piccolo an asspull or some sideways method of saving the day. I mean its fun to have some weird HxH type conclusion every now and then, but super is just bad end after bad end. Say what you will about the formula, but it would have been better to fall back on than what we have now.

>At some point, we all collectively need to learn as a society that the spirit behind the things we liked growing up was more important than the things themselves.
You nailed it

BEJITA THE KNEELER

Don't worry, there is one he fears. In Slurpza tongue he is DragonBall's Super Jiren!

Attached: your hero.gif (538x269, 1.71M)

>DragonBall's Super

Attached: imperfection.jpg (1080x1072, 113.37K)

>IESLB
Your favorite character is Jiren

Gerobros?

Attached: FA04C76C-B757-4CE4-9020-D37A9D06C13B.jpg (1284x1308, 205.77K)

>A fight JOBJOBJOB lost