Kirito

I've always found it kind of weird how people hate on him when there's very little to actually hate on. I'm not too sure if the era of mid 2000s beta MCs who can't do shit without their glorified mary sue waifus has vastly lowered the bar for what an acceptable MC looks like while harem and Isekai MCs certainly didn't help with that perception, I just can't help but be baffled by the hate this guy receives.

Is it just bias or am I just desensitized to bullshit?

Attached: AniplexSAOKiritoWoU.jpg (717x985, 182.46K)

Don't know, don't care. Kirito's hot

Attached: 179-1797743_kiritos-ggo-avatar-full-body-sword-art-online.jpg (820x1136, 204.54K)

>there's very little to actually hate on.
That's exactly why. He's barely a character, more of a plot device. He doesn't really grow or change, just puts up an edgy façade at the beginning. He's a "loner", but also extremely kind and personable and despite training in a supposedly "sub-optimal" way by refusing to party up he's still supremely capable.
>I'm not too sure if the era of mid 2000s beta MCs who can't do shit without their glorified mary sue waifus
That's not his problem, his problem is that there is no challenge for him, either internal or external. There is more than one way to make a shit character.

>That's exactly why. He's barely a character, more of a plot device. He doesn't really grow or change
Stopped reading right there

Explain how he grows or changes in any substantive way other than dropping his edgy mask.

It became a meme to hate on him and SAO because normalfags can't live a single day without shitting on something to feel better about themselves

FPBP

We are four months away from the NerveGear's release

Why do SAOfags always start discussions around how hated their anime is or trying to convince Any Forums that it's not that bad? I haven't seen any other fanbase do it to this level. It reeks of insecurity.

Who is the most likely real world candidate for the nerve gear creator

Kirito is a cool dude.
Some people hate him because they self inserted at teens and now cringe at their own past. Some people hate him because they seen the first few episodes where he acts like an edgelord (and gets punished for it really badly). But I think most just hate him because it is popular to hate him

Palmer Lucky LITERALLY has Kayaba Akihiko as his twitter avatar, so him. Probably...

Framing. It puts the onus on the opposition to explain why Kirito is bad rather than OP explaining why he is good. It's a very effective tactic, now you're the argumentative & whiny one for taking the opinion of the majority.

>Kirito is a cool dude.
why?

Have you ever noticed how the end of Fairy Dance involves our hero, nicknamed the Black Swordsman, pinned down and left defenseless as he's forced to watch a pretty boy untouchable villain about to rape his girlfriend?
Pity Skull Knight wasn't as fast as Kayaba

People hate him because he became a template for nips to create bland MC's

Right, because there's a sure lack of bland MCs before Kirito.

Seems to work too! And now it really does show you're whiny cunts.

Holy BASED

Ever noticed how any actual explanation given sounds like some lit major student whingeing

Now that you got that out of your system, you can answer my question.

Dunno, I'm not OP or an SAOfag either. O just came here to see people whine about Kirito kek

He's a funny lad and people are jealous he's a competent character

>OHNONONO Kiritosisters... not only did we still fail to dethrone the TouMAN, but we now also have to KNEEL to the Slime. AIYEEEEEE! It wasn't supposed to be like this!

Attached: KiritoSisters.png (271x104, 6.72K)

elaborate

He's a funny man and people are jealous that he's too competent that they can't self insert as him because he actually does shit to earn these than be given to him on a silver platter.
Intelligence? He can figure things out quite fast, faster than the average person and is quite adaptable given the situation which normal people aren't quite so flexible in.
Education and Career? He's shown great skills in coding, has a job with the government that pays way higher than your average adult's salary, is interested in specific branches in science, attends university lectures during highschool and searches for a good enough Uni to make himself stand out m
Relationships? He's got a wife, an adopted kid, a newly mended relationship with his sister, several friends and a best bud for life.
Sex? He didn't turn Asuna down when she stripped in front of him after getting the misunderstanding cleared.