This random show that would come on during some real late night degenerate hours

>this random show that would come on during some real late night degenerate hours

did anyone actually watch this shit?

Attached: Hack-regular-6a[1].jpg (272x365, 24.93K)

it's a good show, I like it

I liked Roots more, but I did watch sign.

I watched it from beginning to end, and I didn't understand until years later when I played IMOQ.

It was way too slow. Even .hack/Twilight AKA .hack/Twincest was better.

>come on during some real late night degenerate hours

Did you forget to write >pic unrelated? Because Sign came on during normal hours

pic related, came on during some late night degenerate hours

Attached: lott.jpg (303x440, 37.84K)

It's very slow burn. The story starts off interesting for an episode, then nothing remotely important or interesting happens for the next, I don't know, 10? Then it gets interesting again. It's still directed and animated like it had a $500000 budget for music and $300 budget for everything else.

Sign also used to air on saturday nights back than during the early 2000s.

>Because Sign came on during normal hours
Briefly. It got added to Toonami RIGHT before the block died, so it was only able to air like the first 15 episodes. After that, it got moved to Saturday at 12AM and stayed there until the Saturday not-Toonami block died a year later.

Trust me. I taped the entire show on VHS.

Actually, come to think of it, Toonami was only on Saturdays too at that point. So it was probably only like 3-4 episodes before the daytime run ended.

It was recommended to me by a friend but I can't say it was great. It gets kind of enjoyable towards the end but if I wasn't stuck in hospital at the time I wouldn't have watched past the first few episodes.

This was one of those anime from that era around the turn of the millennium where really slow-paced anime were in fashion. Stuff like Lain, Seraphim Call, and Witch Hunter Robin. Hell, even a lot of slice of life series like ToHeart moved extremely slow compared to what you'd expect these days. But .hack//SIGN was pretty extreme even by those standards.

People at least knew Cartoon Network played anime late at night. Few knew about the random 6AM anime block, where they aired all sorts of random shit like Idaten Jump and the original Zoids (like a year before it started airing on Toonami and people actually got to watch it).

It was a different time for different people and different tastes in anime, a child of the current millennium wouldn't understand

Attached: stealth yuri.jpg (1105x1500, 483.65K)

>This was one of those anime from that era around the turn of the millennium
It was always like this with old anime. It's when there was no internet so anime creators extended their series as much as possible for tv ad money. That's why even though plot of old anime is much more ambitious/mature, generally it falls flat in terms of entertainment in comparison with new anime.

Yeah its great.
You allowed make a .hack thread without bait you know. Not like there's enough people left on Any Forums who watched it for a big thread to happen anyways.

The whole franchise have always been weird for me, characters that look alike who may share the same personality and may be important to the story, reading/playing and trying to understand how it's all connected is trippy.

Watched and really enjoyed just for the atmosphere alone and good soundtrack. The lesbian ending caught me completely off guard though.

Oh man, dot hack sign. I love isekai.

Attached: 1642861205942.gif (250x158, 1.99M)

I love that in the game you could romance everyone, even this psycho bitch.

Attached: Img_illust_%2814%29.png (401x804, 244.26K)

its not so bad