Why didn't MHA become the next big thing like it was supposed to?

Why didn't MHA become the next big thing like it was supposed to?

Attached: png_20211224_221938_0000.png (1920x1080, 606.53K)

>nothing happens
>all movies are plot irrelevant

From your pic it did almost 320x more sales so... fail OP?

Attached: 1643122954049.jpg (680x491, 18.89K)

You can only go so far when the worst part of your series is its own main character.

OK I see it says million and not billion now. Still, maybe JJK and KnY tickets costed more because no way they are more popular then MHA which is a worldwide hit.

Because it doesn't have the proper arcs and fights a battle shonen is supposed to have.
Basically it's some gay anime shit, or at least that's why the Mexican men who grew up with dbz and Saint Seiya would say.
Naruto starts with death and brutality pretty early. Bleach as well looks like something very serious. One Piece is more of the goofy kid Goku style but still intense enough, people love those no-nonsense protagonists like Luffy who just punch the bad guy.
Then comes boku no hero with a sobbing protagonist, tons of schoolshit, kiddie colorful designs with everyone having snouts, training arcs, almost no real fights since it's all "strategizing" and running away trying to accomplish secondary goals instead of just 2 people duking it out punching each other.

BAKUGO DOESN'T EVEN HAVE ANY SOLO FIGHT. Or any fight that matters, period. I just remember him sperging out at his classmates and training.
He's no Sasuke or Vegeta.
It's all done so badly.

Really user.
KnY is bigger worldwide hit than Bnha. I can't speak about jjk worldwide status but in Japan it definitely is.

MHA was never good, it just hyped itself up to be the next big shounen at a time when everyone was wondering who will be the next big 3.
You can only get people to read so much by selling an underdog story. At a certain point you have to be actually good.

South America just isn't as powerful anymore.

Isn’t one of them some crappy filler and the other 2 manga canon?

Blatantly chasing after temporary fad like capeshit would only get you so far.

Because capeshit is dying out

Superman, Batman and Spiderman aren't a fad. BNHA simply has shit writing and it doesn't provide the manly action and high stake arcs required to be a big battle shonen.
Uraraka, Iida, Todoroki, Bakugo... they barely have big scenes outside of fighting their own classmates. And the villains are shitters as well.
the best fights are against mindless black ducks.

All of this just because tiktok teenage girls watch anime now. What a horrible future we live in.

user how stupid can you be?
For MT and JJK movie to make that much sales over MHA the tickets would need to be at least 3-4x the price, that's not even taking into account your headcanon that less people saw the first two.

I think based on the strong forst season and kind of the second, people had certain expectations in mind for the series going forward but it gets more "meh" with every season. The characters are really lame too.

Please be bait

First season was garbage though, and so was second. I’m still glad I stuck around and dropped at AM vs AFO, feels like I got the best out of it.

shonenfag reading comprehension

Attached: 1436730783327.gif (600x338, 2.62M)

Based Spee D. Reader

Hopefully because it's capeshit because I don't want more shit like it even though it was kinda decent.

Any of the first 3 Spiderman movies is a better boku no hero than boku no hero.
Deku should have been out in the open at least after stopping the Hero Killer, being praised by people and recognized. Then the author could drop the school stuff and have Deku out there doing hero work.

Stopping a train from falling off a cliff, getting his own personal rogue villains, some more clear love development with Uraraka so she's inevitably kidnapped at some point, his own mom getting targeted by a villain without morals, some villain fucking blowing up buildings during some important ceremony, etc.. all these cool things that the superhero setting allows to make a high stakes Shonen.