Watched all the good anime as a teenager

>Watched all the good anime as a teenager
>Saw Kino's Journey, Gurren Lagann, Berserk, FLCL, JoJo, Neon Genesis, Ergo Proxy, Claymore, Monster, Paranoia Agent, Fate: Zero, Cowboy Bebop, Now and then here and there, Legend of the Galactic heroes, Kaiji, Irresponsible Captain Tylor, Black Lagoon, Gungrave, FMA, Hellsing, Vampire Hunter D, Future Diary, etc
>Ran through 300+ anime
>Now feel totally lost
>Only have anime like Eureka Seven left to watch, and immediately dislike it because can tell it's an Evangelion knock-off

I guess I'm just stuck waiting for the next 20 years to turn around and watch all of the good anime that was made while I was staring at the walls. I guess I just have to be patient here.

I prefer anime to anything else on TV.

Attached: VampireHunterD.png (1200x664, 746.94K)

Okay

Eureka 7 has almost nothing to do with Eva. You sound like a fag that thinks he's smarter than he is.

It's a Mecha anime with kids in it made soon after Evangelion was making giant waves.

It feels like somebody was watching Evangelion's success and decided to copy it

Unsubscribe

>FMA
stopped reading there, get some tast3 faggot
bet you watched the pedophile's dub too

If you've watched any mecha other than Eva you would know that basically all of them have kids in them. Eva didn't invent half the shit people attribute to it. They only think it did because it's the only (or the first) mecha anime they watched, like you when they were at an impressionable age.

It was produced within 9 years of Evangelion.
That's not a good sign. Like they were trying to get away with becoming the next one.

I'm not going to say I'm 100% correct here and it's a very bold claim to make, but I think it took like 5 years for Evangelion to become wildly popular.

You're making some bold fucking claims for someone who hasn't watched shit for anime. Doubling down when someone calls you out just proves how much of a chode you are. Watch more anime before posting here.

Eva was produced within a few years of Victory Gundam, which also had children protags, so I guess it's a rip off of that.

The original Gundam had a kid protagonist, that's an Eva ripoff too.

That completely went out when I was 17 years old. I did the same thing there.

I think Eva was made because of the success of Gundam, but the creator of Eva knew he could push the limits on Mecha anime with Eva because Gundam was already successful.

Then someone saw Eva and decided to take remake it because it was successful, and it made Eureka 7 which isn't as strong.

>remake
You're even more retarded than I initially thought. I'm probably being baited though.

Attached: Eureka7.jpg (960x720, 327.67K)

Why are you just typing obvious bullshit?

It's just way too fishy for my liking.
And then some of the characters have biblical names.

Like it came from someone that would steal from other people to be successful.

Your opinion is wrong and you're a fucking retard. Your attempt at sounding smarter than you are reeks of underage.

>I think it took like 5 years for Evangelion to become wildly popular.

Attached: 1573451519181.png (380x241, 73.16K)

Have you watched Outlaw Star?
Try reading manga if you have not already.

I watched most of Outlaw Star before I walked away. I just didn't like it very much.

Manga is just not as good as anime. When you watch anime you're in a different place because it all looks and feels real. Manga is not the same even though it's very strong.

There's no sound or motion, so it's just a harder version of anime.

>Eureka Seven
>Evangelion knock-off
What? Are you fucking serious?

I guess he hasn't heard of any of the other innumerable "Eva clones" that came out between Eva and Eureka. Many of them get that label applied by retards that think Eva invented anime.

More evidence of this thing's mental retardation

>When you watch anime you're in a different place because it all looks and feels real.

Attached: [SubsPlease] Atasha Kawajiri Kodama Da yo - 02 (1080p) [A977AFB5].mkv_snapshot_01.50.517.jpg (1920x1080, 236.44K)

>I think it took like 5 years for Evangelion to become wildly popular.

Attached: 1641177879514.jpg (1920x1080, 722.35K)

How many of that chart have you watched? You should blame your 17 year old self gor being so informed, whenxI was 17 I was watching Nolan and My hero academia

> Eureka Seven left to watch, and imminently dislike it because can tell it's an Evangelion knock-off
>took like 5 years for Evangelion to become wildly popular
I swear people who make this type of post are the dumbest people are out there i genuinely think they experience with anime boils down to watching top 10 lists or some jewtube

>17
>MHA
zoomerbros...

There's 40+years of mecha anime you need to catch up on and you think you're an expert because you've seen one. Please, give us more of your wisdom.

>There's no sound or motion
Imaginationlet detected

I was never really interested in arthouse movies.

Not him but I think I've seen 10 of those movies. The image is gone though and I don't feel like finding it again to confirm. And only like 2 of those 10 are what I would consider arthouse. I was on movie binges after like 14 years old, watched a lot of "classic" movies. Don't get the hype around Nolan, didn't even back then.

Lost? There's like a gorillion "here's the current and next seasons worth of anime" sites. Just pick one and browse and watch what matches your taste. Unless this is about your lack of taste and needing someone to tell you which shows are "classics".

Since you seem in a rut try watching more experimental anime to take you out of your comfort zone like kaiba or something.

the thing is eureka seven does take some elements from eva but "having kids in it" certainly isnt fucking one of them, and honestly the gundam 0079/zeta/x inspiration feels much more apparent (but i doubt youve seen any of those given you think that child protagonists is an eva thing)

Evangelion is one of very few Mecha anime to use kids though.

I saw Kaiba it was good.

You gotta pump those numbers up boy. That's inevitable when you grow up stuff you like will become more sparse, but continuing to watch is the only solution, there's no way around the grind.
You gotta watch 1000 films to find 10 masterpieces. If you are gonna be bored anayway might as well be bored and reading literature/watching films than be bored just wasting time twirling your thumbs.

I would like the same applys to anime and I still find new faborites by grinding but I've only seen about 150 titles so maybe that's to blame.

>Evangelion is one of very few Mecha anime to use kids though.

Attached: 1629882105113.jpg (500x375, 48.21K)

I'm not too crazy about the Western art movies though. They're not strong like anime. They can't do what Angel's Egg or Evangelion can.

How the fuck is under 400 anime impressive?