What is the actual appeal of Saint Seiya?

what is the actual appeal of Saint Seiya?

is it actually any good or is it just nostalgia Euro and latino anime fans?

Attached: cover%2B50.jpg (1000x666, 139.56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uKhhEj0YUGo
youtube.com/watch?v=WUQZVpfDNxI
forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/10/15/kazuhiko-torishima-on-shaping-the-success-of-dragon-ball-and-the-origins-of-dragon-quest/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it’s super sentai with bishies

Is that Zodiac warriors? I used to watch that shit like forever ago

It is really shallow, sadly. The entire point of some dudes fighting among themselves is too self-centered.

manly shit, mythology, pretty boys, blood and selling toys.

Attached: shiryu blood.jpg (480x360, 21.07K)

It's a little bit of both. It's above average, but mainly because it's carried by a memorable Sanctuary arc that doesn't start until the latter half. First time watchers are likely to just wonder what's the big deal during the first half slog and nostalgiafags are likely to forget the weaker early parts.

It was good for its time, though the anime did many mistakes

knights of the Zodiac

So my options for dvd releases are either ~20gb or 305gb heavy? What's up with that?

why are the toys so damn expensive?

For me it was mostly nostalgia and noting influences. The actual content itself wasn't worth a rewatch. If anything, rewatching it seriously as an adult kinda destroyed the fondness I'd developed for it as a child.

some episodes had some top tier aesthetics, and the music was just right

youtube.com/watch?v=uKhhEj0YUGo

They master the art of building up an attack by talking trash to each other.
youtube.com/watch?v=WUQZVpfDNxI

They are usually of higher quality than the average action figure, also the whole premise of the series is the Saints wearing their Cloths (armor) to battle, many characters have extremely complex Cloths and the toys adapt every single detail in these armors for you to tinker with.

as a latinbro it was really popular here with mexican dub, was aired on non anime channels and was the only one know by people who dont know what anime was.
American animation was simpsons and japanese comedy was this

>what is the actual appeal of Saint Seiya
Its a mix between kino, manliness and Saturday morning cartoon

Attached: images - 2022-02-02T211808.399.jpg (315x974, 55.25K)

>what is the actual appeal of Saint Seiya?
Friendship.

So stream it if you don't want to download a quality rip.

>muh appeal
>Is x actshually good?
I don't get it. Just look at it and decide for yourself.

The Saint Seiya anime was a game-changer for direction and screenwriting. Without it we wouldn't have Dragonball Z as we know it.

>Around the same time, Saint Seiya was a very popular anime. This was interesting because the Saint Seiya manga was rather average but the anime by comparison was a lot better. So I wanted to know why the Saint Seiya anime was doing so well and we did some research on that. We found that there were two key figures. The first was Kouzou Morishita, who was the director, and the second was Takao Koyama, who wrote the script. So I visited these two guys and asked them if they'd help me reboot Dragon Ball and they both agreed.

forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/10/15/kazuhiko-torishima-on-shaping-the-success-of-dragon-ball-and-the-origins-of-dragon-quest/

Attached: images.jpg (259x194, 8.42K)

>what is the actual appeal of Saint Seiya?
I've got no fucking clue
>see pictures of dudes in shiny armor based off zodiac
>that armor looks cool
>oh it's saint seiya
>ask hispanicbro at work what it's about
>OMG ITS SO COOL AND AWESOME LIKE THIS DUDE, YOU KNOW, HE GETS BEATEN UP BUT THEN HE GETS AWESOME AND OH I CAN'T SPOIL IT FOR YOU

oh, I was going to include the picture, but it's too big for the board.

it's hard to say if it aged well or not. on one hand it's better than any of the shonenshits of the past two or three decades, on the other it has serious seinfeld syndrome where you've seen all the tropes and cliches done before so it comes off super generic and bland.