Dragon Ball Super

Bejita's cool moments in Super:
>"THAT'S MY BULMA!" against Beerus
>"Only an idiot like him can use this body to its full potential" against Black
>"This makes the blood of a battle-loving Saiayn boils" against Granolah
That's all I can think of off the top of my head, with how prominent he is in Super you would think he would have way more great moments but he doesn't, Why is that?

Attached: IMG_20220130_043200.png (720x540, 689.61K)

I like men.

Because most of his cool moments are really lackluster since they are either based on the love he has on his family, which is reiterative, or his jealousy to Goku, which is also reiterative. His cool moment against Granolah is cool because it has to do with his Saiyan nature, and his Bulma moment is cool because it's not something you would imagine he would do or say.

Attached: hoihoihoi.gif (600x345, 264.86K)

I believe that the reason he doesn't have that many great moments compared to the OG is because his role in the story is over, like you said his good moments are reiterative of what came before, Super would have been better off if they settled Goku with a new rival, Hit, Beerus or Jiren can fill that role.

at least he has his classic jobber moments

>It's me, Bejita.

Attached: Heheheh.jpg (512x288, 23.89K)

Exactly, if they had focused on the new characters, AKA if the Series was set after EOZ, and if they didn't throw Hit or other characters down the drain, we would have better moments.

Even those don't compare to his OG self. Bejita getting domesticated by Bulma was a mistake, his Buu-self was the last time he held to his cold carnage-loving self.

He gets plenty of moments, all of which are boring and formulaic as states here. I'd even argue that his moment against Granolah is more of the same old shit we saw in Buu saga, posturing in order to regain his former glory before ultimately conceding to his new, reformed nature and sacrificing himself afterwards. Same thing with Black; didn't he make a similar remark towards Ginyu Goku? Both Goku and Bejita, despite being shown so much, have the least interesting developments in Super. I'm far more interested in side-characters like 17, Buu, Hit, Gohan, Piccolo, Frieza, Broly, Jiren, etc. Characters that are in a position to influence the story and sometimes get great moments, like Hit ultimately winning then forfeiting the u6 tournament, but don't have to constantly hog the spotlight and deal with ups-and-downs of the current arc.

Attached: 1632178359212.png (1013x1526, 2.89M)

>I am Trunks.

Attached: TRUNKS.jpg (1160x1444, 155.64K)

Attached: [DBNL] Dragon Box Z (DBZ) - 031 - Now, Goku! A Final Technique With Everything On the Line [x264].mkv_snapshot_08.06_[2021.12.28_23.41.27].jpg (640x480, 117.74K)

>after EOZ
Super would still work being set before it, posters seem to be stuck on the need to raise stakes instead of telling a good unpredictable story. Super's theme was to lean on the cosmic side of the setting, the change of the setting should have been accompanied with a change of the supporting cast, I firmly believe that the rotating cast of DB is one of its strengths, in that each arc has a different character pulling its weight, instead we're stuck with Bejita always next to Goku with no chance for the others to shine.

all the super characters suck

Goku's case in Super is interesting, while his character was regressed in some ways he still gets to shine with some great moments that some would argue are as good as his OG's moments
>his battle with Hit and pushing each other to their limits
>his fight in Zeno's little tournament with him showing off his skills
>the ToP is filled with good moments mainly UI
>Moro breaking his arm on Goku's chest
For Goku, I would say the series would have been better if it leaned on his return to proper martial arts under angel guidance.

>no capitalization
>no punctuation
>no attempts to further the discussion
Gents...

Attached: 1643064931768.png (1080x1552, 504.08K)

This is because Gok's whole character is fighting so it's easier dor him to shine. In the case of the others their characters are based around one characteristic so they can't shine as much. Vegeta for example is based around his rivality against Goku and love for his family in Super, even though in the OG Series he could have his cool moments without the Series smashing your head with these two things constantly. Vegeta vs 19 or vs semi-perfect Cell are examples of him being cool without mentioning Goku or Bulma.

Do you think it would be a good idea if they leaned on Bejita's hatred for Frreza in coming arcs? like making an arc where he won't be present because he's hunting down the lizard in a ship Bulma built.

>his battle with Hit and pushing each other to their limits
>his fight in Zeno's little tournament with him showing off his skills
>the ToP is filled with good moments mainly UI
I don't necessarily agree but sure , no, and no
>angel guidance
literally regurgitating what Goku learned in DB

>mainly UI
literally the equivalent of an aimbot. How can can anyone like this?

Him blasting Pui Pui to smithereens was also cool on its own.

Attached: TARDKU and his fans.webm (640x360, 1.19M)

How can you not like the two latter points?
>learned in DB
Due to Goku's constant battles and the fact the threat was upped every time he forgot those lessons, I would say the way Goku fights is reckless and not like any teaching of his masters in DB, which is way UI is a way to return him to that style of fighting.