Old Hunter x Hunter

What made HxH '99 so superior to the 2011 toy commercial shit?

Attached: kurapika.png (598x446, 195.84K)

The manga was better than both, go read that

Kazuhiro Furuhashi

Literally nothing
You have to be literally braindead to prefer manga over any anime version

>blatantly rips off berserk and eva
wow what a fucking genius auteur

manga's coloring sucks

The old Yorkshin ar was god tier, probably because of direction + atmosphere

What year was EoE again?
I can't imagine that anno didn't read HxH

I'm completely confused as to why people memed the idea that '99 was pointless and '11 the "superior manga accurate" version. The 90s series is just better, it adds to the manga meaningful content, while '11 is completely sterile and actively removes shit that results in things making no sense.

It's not even a matter of "I guess I prefer the older version", it's just superior as fuck in quality.

nah
99 > manga > 2011

It was done by Nippon Animation and had the involvement of a number of fairly prolific creators in the industry.
2011 by comparison is a clear attempt at marketing other things. The anime is a vehicle to market the VAs, their character song CDs, figures, shitty tie in games, etc.
2011 doesn't really have an ounce of the passion that the Kaiji adaptation of the following year, also made by Madhouse, had, and that anime was made to advertise a shitty movie.

this wasnt even in the manga or 2011 its from the shitty 1999 anime

>terrible animation in most parts with muh aesthetic scenes sprinkled
>retarded designs for important characters
>terrible voice acting
>adds pretentious bullshit to turn a sophisticated battle shonen into muh EVA
>terrible direction
>kurapika wank (literally the only reason anyone likes 2011 btw)
>hard fujobait

2011 embarrasses this nonsense and anyone who watches it ends up realizing which is why the shilling never takes off

soul

Attached: HunterxHunter1999_2.jpg (3832x2400, 2.1M)

>namefag
opinion irrelevant

They both have their problems

I liked it because it was cell animation mastered while other anime tried to do early digital coloring. And 2011 artstyle is just ok I guess

Why is it so low quality? I saw anime from the same era in much higher quality

>JamaicAnon
Why is it that when I look you up in desuarchive, it turns out you're a cancerous /his/ poster who spends his days talking about why his third world country isn't as shit as other third world countries?
Embarrassing, and you expect people to take you seriously.

Gon and the Genei Ryodan were better-acted. Also the music was a lot better. But Killua is done much better in 2011 and doesn't look like he has a starfish attached to his head
It was standard quality for a weekly Shonen Jump show in '99. Even a little above average. You're probably comparing it to movies or passion projects

Never got remastered and the Japanese DVD releases were at a fairly low quality.