ITT: Post anime that legitimately filtered you

ITT: Post anime that legitimately filtered you.

Attached: gasaraki.jpg (963x1359, 146.86K)

darker than black filtered me with how bad it fucking sucked

i own the first two VHS cassettes of this

my question is how you did not fall asleep watching it

Attached: MV5BNDEzYmVlYzgtYTEzNy00MzBkLWJhMTQtMTM2NTJmOTAxN2IxL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg (1753x2699, 419.18K)

I kinda want to watch it, actually. I saw bits and pieces of this as a child, thought it was cool, then never ran into it again. This is probably one of the few threads I've seen here in my whole time here even.

Cant do it, couldnt stand soultaker either.

Attached: 1622119023816.png (728x410, 243.52K)

Gasaraki has a slow build up but is very good once things start rolling. As somebody who enjoyed Boogiepop Phantom and Rahxephon I was not able to get through this.

Attached: mahotsukai.jpg (296x300, 24.51K)

I'm noticing a trend here

Attached: lgaim.jpg (599x602, 144.82K)

Soultaker isnt good even for it'stime. The op is rad as hell though.

I just couldn't handle Hachiman's and Yukino's absolutely pretentious messiah complexes.

Attached: 1643572186664.jpg (1622x2160, 1.05M)

Im not saying it doesnt look good and i can see what others like about them all that but sitting down and actually trying to "watch" that or montogari, cant do it.
Only one other anime filters me worse but ive picked on it enough.

Attached: file.png (1500x812, 851.3K)

Attached: 1620529888791.webm (640x480, 2.25M)

Hunter x Hunter. I just couldn't see how it's good enough to be the topic of that much shitposting. Yu Yu Hakusho is legitimately better than HxH

What does being filtered even mean nowadays?

Literally just a watered-down monogatari.

>becomes a post apocalypse legend of folklore

It was fucking based

Im guessing it means something about the show, either insignificant(examples would be errors, dated, length) or significant(examples would be art, animation style, characters, setting, ect.) that prevents you from watching it and/or enjoying it.

There is something about the anime that stops you from watching it (i.e. a filter).
>nowadays
You didn't like the anime or didn't understand it, even if you watched the entire thing.

Texhnolyze. I just couldn't get into it and dropped it after 3 episodes. Maybe it was the way they told the story or something Idk.