ITT: Oh yeah that happened

Starting with Gantz and the out of nowhere vampires that were almost immediately killed off.

Attached: Vampire_Bosses.jpg (1521x1098, 529.1K)

Some authors spent years on a singular subject, with a straight plot and get bored of that. Oku just said "whatever" and threw psychics and vampires in the same series, besides the aliens and shiet. It's not really memorable but it sure was fun as fuck while reading it.

Nice photo

Wasn't his little brother also involved with them?
Lmao what a waste of time

I actually liked the vampires.
The problem is that everything after vampires is boring, so it gets lumped in as the turning point.

the entire Black monkey story from Shamo. It came out of nowhere, introduced superpowers in an otherwise completely normal story, and had nothing to do with the rest of the plot

I enjoyed Gantz right to the end. I honestly don’t think the ending was any worse/ridiculous than any of the million other clearly contrived plot points and I do not understand why it gets so much hate.

Attached: Chapter 76 - Rape.png (666x960, 1.04M)

It's not bad, just that people expect 500 chapter manga to end with a bang and Gantz ended more on sober note. Also selfinserts will never forgive OG MC for choosing Tae over Reika

It wasn't the dude that started the story--it switched hands...then when switched back the guy just chose to end it with the brothers arc. Frankly Shamo behind the scenes was a hot-mess.

Attached: 307.png (504x790, 877.13K)

I self-inserted rather bad back then, but still thought Tae was a rather humanising element for Kei.

You do not understand how things work or are you being willfully ignorant, user? No matter the character build you're supposed to go for hottest piece of T&A or loli. Else you instantly become

Attached: Reika suit clothes.jpg (500x749, 74.14K)

Yes.
I think the vampires were there to be a sort of ever present menace now that Kurono and the gang were somewhat competent fighters, but yeah, it went nowhere real fast cuz of Katastrophe.
What do you mean? The main dude and girl vampire I think fuck off and are maybe seen fighting aliens near the end, but most of them were already when the Osaka arc happened, and that was Gantz's last good arc.
I guess I always thought Oka was gonna go for a big-brained, deep lore bullshit and Gantz would end with Kurono fighint some god aliens, but I think that the bulk of the later chapters suffer because it all comes down to the characters' rather uninteresting lives. It could have MAYBED helped if Oka new how to choreograph fights and present them in anything resembling a normal manner, but he can't. I welcome more CGI Gantz movies because in the right hands the action can be very fun, in Oda's it was just a confusing mess a lot of the times.
Tae was a nice girl but c'mon user. Just c'mon.

>huh- so my girlfriend's pink-haired alter-ego was actually an amnesiac mental-clone of her mom, and her personality is fusing together with her daughter's now
>Oh- and we have her dad's blessing too
R-riiight...

Attached: Rosario+Vampire - Season II v14-246.jpg (2037x3056, 2.72M)

they were literally just aliens parasites like the devils and shape shifter

you fags are autistic as fuck

Contrary to what some cucks like to believe, many authors don't plan their stories too much outside of some general idea or premise.

>many authors don't plan their stories too much outside of some general idea or premise
It really shows with some of them (pic rel)
>main dude and girl vampire
Wait- Reika was a vampire? I don't remember this at all.

Attached: ffs.png (1060x1536, 3.75M)

It your read interviews or author's notes at the end of the tankoubons, a lot of them just plain say things "I planned until here" or "This character was intended to X but editor-san/readers...".

Attached: How_deep_(((their)))_trickery_goes.png (518x470, 237.92K)

>implying this was bad
Bantz was elite because of this; Oku just said 'fuck it, I'm going to do some shit', and it was pretty great.

Also, he managed to create just as much emotion and feeling than most ''''''serious''''' manga

Attached: Muscle rider.jpg (728x1028, 83.73K)