Has a fan translation ever ruined a manga for you?

Has a fan translation ever ruined a manga for you?

Attached: pumpkin_night.jpg (350x497, 93.11K)

No cause I'm learning moon by reading manga

No, but I've seen some really awful official translations.

any recommendations? been getting tired of going through Grand Blue, Dragon Ball, and Doraemon over and over again

Ikkitousen and Battle Royale, of course. Both infected by Tokyopop and Keith Scum Giffen.

Chillock's translations elevate manga to another level

Yep. That "Squiggles" faggot who translated Okuusan because the better translator was too slow always shoved obnoxious comments in the margins and repeatedly got names wrong.

All the time because the so called fan translators' level of not just Japanese but also English is low to abysmal. Exceptions do exist but they're rare. That's why if I deem a manga worth reading I read in Japanese.

seething westoid troon can't take some banter

To a level of putrid shit, right out of the sewers.

Let's be honest that manga is God awful, those shitty translations barely did anything to the plot.

Back to rÄ—ddit shillock, your ilk resides there.

>Machine TLers.
>Random comments in the margins.
>Outright changing phrases entirely for something funnier without any attempt to even approximate the initial phrase.
If you do any of those three things, you're not a translator, you're a faggot.
Completely tangential, I also hate ESRGAN upscales. The way they blend shit ruins the art, especially since retards always go way past the necessary upscaling.

I went into it expecting dumb slasher shlock, I got shitty edgefest. Dropped it and haven't thought of it since

I miss Duwang.

It's your everyday revenge manga, but the art is actually nice to look at for once.

Yotsuba. Or anything else you like and want to give a try in Japanese.

wildfang

>Random comments in margins
Fucking this
Nothing worse than having your immersion ruined by some retard TL telling jokes or explaining what honorifics are for the 100th time. Wish they'd just have a glossary at the end.

I bet the generic horror bullshit would be half as entertaining if it weren't for his translations. Only read the one with the literal anticrhist island though.

Attached: 1583992835670.jpg (480x710, 85.55K)

>random XD comments in the margins
>adding 6 pages of advertising, discord memes, something you drew, etc

Can't stand it

Let"s not pretend that the manga itself isn't one in first place.

Anything released by Kirei Cake

The meme Mahou Shoujo Site final chapter translation was better than the actual chapter.

I know exactly what you're talking about with pumpkin night, but I also think the comic just didn't have a lot under the hood.

Part five of jojo for a long time. Anytime they can't do redraws. I have seen people just have the text over white erase blobs when it overlapped drawings. One of the worst was somewhere in the early 2010s when several scan groups were tossing watermarks on """their content""""", because they didn't like it being posted on reader sites. Keep in mind most of these groups didn't have their own reader sites and couldn't reliable keep a download link alive long term.

Attached: 1632650104037.png (205x145, 22.56K)