Remember when Vegeta asked Krillin to mortally wound him so he would get a power boost from his Saiyan comeback...

Remember when Vegeta asked Krillin to mortally wound him so he would get a power boost from his Saiyan comeback mechanics?

Why don't they just do that
every day
get mortally wounded, eat a senzu, rinse and repeat

It takes a few seconds to go through that cycle.
Imagine the power heights they can reach in a day just by grinding through this method.

Why do they even bother training

Attached: 5a8cf36100c2f905ffceda9f38993b833c8596a4r1-1280-720v2_hq.jpg (1024x576, 65.32K)

Did you forget that they have been running short on beans for years now and that they take a long time to make?

Dende

Put the cat man who makes them into the hyperbolic time chamber.
It's literally that easy.

They also have a bunch of healer friends like Dende and the Supreme Kai.

I forgot fat buu.
He healed babidi, also he healed a dog if I remember it right.

My god my plan is foolproof.
Saiyans are so fucking stupid for not coming up with this themselves.

Attached: main-qimg-41e9150fb15bdbc18f1c591b05b1637c-lq.jpg (318x159, 12.49K)

Why didn't Krillin/Yamcha/Tien wish for their bodies to work like Saiyan's so they wouldn't become irrelevant after the Saiyan Saga?

My headcanon: It wouldn't work because the body needs to be strained to the maximum for zenkai properly kick in.

Well Vegeta really didn't seem to get much of a boost from that.

Would still work tho, just have goku and vegeta fight and mortally wound each other and, heal and repeat

I don't know about all that, but Kuririn is 2-0 against Bejita.

Attached: kuririn score.png (1024x741, 549K)

It stopped being a thing after Freeza.

Cell used it to achieve Super Perfect form.
Goku also used it when he fought Beerus, so it definitely still was a thing until early DBS at least.

>Goku also used it when he fought Beerus
No he didn't.

It's true for Cell though, because they needed him to catch up. But it never happened for the heroes after Super Saiyan became a thing.

>Why don't they just do that
every day
>Why do they even bother training
Saiyans? Pride? Not wanting an easy route?

It's used as an explanation on how Cell comes back stronger after self-destructing

Attached: image_2022-02-01_121316.png (1828x1144, 1.32M)

They want to get strong through training and only cheat when needed to defeat a threat, it's a matter of pride in various ways.

also there's probably significant diminishing returns if you don't have actual training in between each boost

amateurs

Attached: Ikki_laugh.gif (500x500, 980.88K)

They are strong enough now that no amount of zenkai spam will be able to outpace training over long periods of time. And of course on the battlefield they don't want to risk killing or wounding each other in case they can't get revived/healed mid-battle like what happened to Vegeta on Namek.

>collect dragon balls
>wish for a million beans
>????
>profit

Attached: 1642598753451.jpg (525x452, 23.15K)

Because it would be extremely painful.

Something something diminishing returns

It was a risky desperation move. If you have to ALMOST die for it to be effective, then sooner of later you'll get on the bad end of a coin toss.

>but muh easy ressurection with dragon balls

Yeah, once they got the dragon balls the stakes got a lot lower. Not the best writing there.

The “Zenkai” boost got nerfed into the ground after namek. It wasn’t even mentioned afterwards.

sayins treat training the same way as playing video games and watching tv, it's fun to them