One Piece

I know that people don't die in one piece and I should just get over it but I am getting really tired of all the false death flags. Yeah I get it, the show is for children and this is nothing new, but I don't understand how long you oda can keep kicking this dead horse. It's not like when a character finally does die it is going to be impactful. It's just going to be some old 4th tier character introduced 20 chapters ago specifically so he could die and prove the haters wrong.

Thoughts? Do you care? Do you like that no one dies? Are you getting tired of the raid or do you think its epic to spend over two years writing one day in the manga? When do you think one piece will finally end? Will oda live to see the end of one piece?

Attached: Screenshot 2022-01-31 at 02-24-38 One Piece, Chapter 1038 - One Piece Manga Online.png (895x1300, 776.05K)

bump. please respond fellow shounen

>still reading One Piece of Shit

I read it off and on. it only takes a minute to skim through the latest issues. you can keep up with one piece through osmosis.

Yeah that's the worst part of the series by far, especially when it's irrelevant characters that don't die, it just wastes time, especially when there's a chapter with nothing but those fake out deaths because then it feels like nothing was accomplished and he just wasted a chapter on nothing
like that one chapter last year where all that happaned was Kiku, Kinemon and Kanjuro died, and they're okay now
especially when you have villains like Kaido and Big Mom that are supposed to be scary and strong but they cannot finish even episodic characters who'd have 0 plot armor

I hate this in Black Clover as well and is one of the reasons why I liked Kimetsu so much

it works every time though. every fake death flag always gets people talking about if this will be the one that is finally real. maybe oda is onto something.

>generic every day people die by the bucketfull for story reasons
>evil pieces of shit responsible for human experimentation, war crimes, and semi-genocides get to live because they have names
Pretty fucked up when you think about it

do normal people die in one piece? there is a lot of implied terror and destruction but not a lot of it shown.

Why would they? Not even the characters in the story take those fake-out deaths serious anymore.

Why do so many people who don't like or get One Piece, keep following it weekly?

Attached: file.png (498x498, 350.93K)

idk, most of the time, people talk about the lore stuff more so than the fakeout deaths, but I'm watching people who are more dedicated vs the casual readers who probably don't think too much about it. idk though. I'm enjoying the action and more excited for the conclusion with Zunisha coming.
Oda is one of the authors more likely to finish than another author in hiatus. After Wano, we're mostly going on a roller coaster afterward all the way to the end.

>still reading One Piece of Shit
seething

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 420.41K)

>don't get One Piece
what is it that i'm missing

He’s being a fanboy plebbit faggot, anyone can criticize something they like

That One Piece doesn't haphazardly kill off side characters for shock value. It's not Oda's style. There are plenty of other series you can read that do this, though. I don't really see why One Piece has to become one of them.
I'd rather it stays the way it is, where characters rarely die. But when they do, it makes a huge impact in the story.

>That One Piece doesn't haphazardly kill off side characters for shock value.
But it likes to pretend to do that, which is the annoying part.

>But it likes to pretend to do that
It's not trying to fool you. No one would believe that a side character died after 20 years of side characters not dying, and Oda knows that.
When characters are badly hurt and put in grave danger, it creates drama with the OTHER characters that care about them. Fooling the reader into thinking they are dead isn't the intent at all.

it's not shock value. one piece has a habit of setting characters up for dramatic deaths and not following through. the problem isn't the lack of gratuitous violence, it the constant bait.

Who cares if Zoro dies? His replacement is fighting a fire demon as we speak.

i hope zoro dies and yamato is the new combatant.

Attached: 1642545523130.jpg (1280x720, 123.87K)

>I am getting really tired of all the false death flags
Welcome to the club. It's been a cheap recourse from Oda for ~20 years, and it only gets worse.
Thank God that Yasu, Pedro, Monet and Vergo are confirmed to be dead at least.

Luv her

Attached: 1643707114692.jpg (79x85, 4.97K)

>on hiatus
>for another 14 years
if you fuckers wouldn't keep buying it, he'd have to write more often.

ZKK

Attached: 1640789400073.png (817x790, 1.07M)

r-r-re-rent free!!!

Attached: holy.jpg (2195x1242, 106.67K)

One Piece is a parallel of the real world.

ZKK soon.

Attached: 1625702502827.png (508x413, 193.44K)

The raid is fine. The narrative isn't getting worse at all, but these fakeout deaths are really unnecessary after all these years. It only takes away from the initial impact of the moment and it's so easily spotted that it brings nothing to the (long time) reader.

What if what Kaido actually meant is that Yamato is not an oni, but an ONEE, meaning a homosexual man

Attached: Eeemnc_U8AI1Hzq.jpg (2048x1178, 738.61K)

You should do what I do and just stop interpreting them as false death flags, but instead as near-death experiences
Like if you're going to stick with someone to the end anyway you may as well process it in the way that maximises your enjoyment, and save any scathing criticisms for when its over and you're ready to let go

>zoro likes trannies
I support this.

Attached: sanji_yo.jpg (1024x637, 63.99K)

Wow, it's like real life

>Thank God that Yasu, Pedro, Monet and Vergo are confirmed to be dead at least.
Think again, at least one of those is still alive.

Impressive timing

>yasu
nop.
>pedro
nop.
>monet
nop.
>vergo
FUCK. probably.

Monet and Vergo will be revealed to have been turned to stone by Shinokuni, and surviving the explosion this way.
Yasu and Pedro are legit goners, though.

>but instead as near-death experiences
If only they were presented that way..
It feels a if Oda was looking straight to the readers with "Ooooh, will he be fine?? He might be dead after all... What a shock for our characters!" time and time again. It got old a long time ago.

it won't be monet because oda never brings back females from the dead. it'll be vergo.

>When characters are badly hurt and put in grave danger, it creates drama with the OTHER characters that care about them.
Cheap drama. If absolutely no one gives a shit about character x is near death the 20th time, why would anyone care how other characters react to the same shit over and over again?
This is complete saturation of the same same story elements because Oda can't do it any other way

I'd be so happy for Monetfag if she turned out to be alive. Like, genuinely happy.

>characters showing emotion isn't real drama unless someone dies
And thus we come back to my earlier point: maybe this series isn't for you. There are plenty of edgier ones you can read where characters die left and right, if that's what you like.

I'd be happy she's alive too but just because she's got a brilliant design