Anyone else kind of tired of anime trying to be "mature" just by adding some gore to them? Feels cheap and shallow

Anyone else kind of tired of anime trying to be "mature" just by adding some gore to them? Feels cheap and shallow.

Attached: 57803245.gif (350x197, 1.03M)

it's always been like that. and there are fags who just eat that trash right up

worst teacher ever
Why the fuck do you commit suicide in front of your students?

That's because Japanese have no soul, growing up in first world and lack of interest on the outside world do that to you.

It's worse in the mangasphere, at least 30% "seinen" are just gorey battle manga. And by gorey I mean there's black ink everywhere so they have to draw less of the panel. It's tiresome, but it's always been this way.

Because it’s fun, I knew a teacher that set himself on fire at school. Not in front of students though unfortunately

This show was so fucking bad, and the only reason people like it is because of the cute eyepatch girl

all of these "issues" you fags have would become non-issues if you just developed better taste and started avoiding that shit

I blame waifufagotry. If not for waifus people would be able to make anime that takes itself seriously without needing violence to detach itself from cancerous coomer stuff.
Ironically, full-on ecchi manages to be more mature than hyperviolence and waifus.

funny how you single out seinen when one of the most popular shonenshit that soon gets an anime has gorey battles as its main appeal. also, there are way more manga out there than anime can be made

The real problem is trying to be edgy by juxtaposing cute styles with gore

Violence is great, it's just people can't use it right.
Non-violent shit is no better than tasteless shit like another.

that i tend to agree with, but it's more of a personal preference since i hate SoL shit

>I knew a teacher that set himself on fire at school.
>Not in front of students though unfortunately
Yep, checked trips checks out

SoL only works on people who're easy to deceive, in this case it's deceiving yourself. Wouldn't call it
a personal preference.

If anything its the gorey anime that tend to relish in knowing its all just silly stories. You'd be hard pressed to think Idaten was trying to be mature and sophisticated

The most popular shonenshit tittle in Japan right now already has blood and gore as an important element

Meant for

I liked it because it was hilarious. I laughed out loud at the scene when the kids were running out of the burning house and random things fall on them, then when the one kid that managed to dodge all the falling glass and columns reaches the door, the chandelier breaks and kills him.

It had the sort of comedic timing that makes me laugh every time, like this kid from Japan Sinks.

Attached: 1610301442153.webm (1280x720, 1.9M)

i mean don't get me wrong, i like Sol but in small doses. i like when series where there's a good balance between action and breather moments

Please tell me that you too liked the SFX.
They were hilariously bad and loud.

Urgh don’t remind me of japan sinks, what the fuck was yuasa thinking

>Feels cheap and shallow.
Of course it is. The target audience is teenagers who actually believe it's mature. Congrats, you're at the point where you've realized it isn't but still have to reach the part where you accept that media that isn't targeted at you exists.

>cute
is she really?

He won't find that media in anime though

I kinda agree, but japan sinks was far more entertaining

post the best scene, please