So what volume does this start turning bad? Also is the anime a good adaptation?

So what volume does this start turning bad? Also is the anime a good adaptation?

Attached: Vinland_Saga_volume_01_cover.jpg (266x376, 140K)

Hilde. Stop reading when he comes back from farmland and you have a nice little manga.

So stop reading at chapter 55?

if it is that one then yes, I remember it becoming more and more shonen-like, more stupid and more dragged out, I remember the thread where Hox dropped it, he built to a certain location to be reached for 3 years by that point, maybe more and he flashforwarded it, it was the straw that broke the camel's back. Avoid the baltic war arc like the plague.

Literally, just watch the anime and no more. Wit did a great job adapting and hopefully will do alright for farmsaga too, which is ironically the last worthwhile part

Attached: 1641712021529.jpg (735x1035, 203.89K)

Volume 1, chapter 1.

kek, good one user

It recovers somewhat in the final arc, so far. Still feels like the plot ended and we're seeing the empty story carrying on afterward, but isn't shonen action-comedy bullshit like Baltic War

The first two arcs (prologue and farmland) are the only good ones. The latter ends at chapter 99, and 100-101 serves as a good epilogue where Thorfinn reunites with his family. Stop there.

Stop at chapter 100

>It recovers somewhat in the final arc, so far.
A few months ago when we had comfy Vinland farming and meeting the native I’d have agreed but the last two chapters which outright go "mi’kmaq’s belief are real and they have future sight" while having thorfinn use r/atheism tier arguments to trash Norse mythology makes me worried yukimura just doesn’t give a fuck anymore

>Thorfinn becomes an atheist
This alone makes me want to read the whole shit, I just hope he goes the Nietzche route, not the Stephen Hawking route... he goes the Hawking route, doesn't he?

The spiritual visions being real is corny as fuck, but at least we got to see the Indians get nuked. Those Viking dudes would've responded well to any argument since it was either accept Thorfinn as their leader or die. Plus those meatheads probably were actually impressed by such basic critical thinking. Canute being there backing him up has a lot of sway too.

>So what volume does this start turning bad?
It gets bad at the start of the Baltic Sea War, but I'd argue that it simply falls apart under the weight of developments in the Iceland and Norway arcs. Hild is a fine character on her own, but her presence in the group just kills the tension of Thorfinn's choices completely.
>Also is the anime a good adaptation?
The first few episodes adapted the story in a chronological order, rather than the manga's way of beginning at the action and then flashbacking. Both are perfectly servicable.
Nah, that's when the best arc starts.

Stop at chapter 101 at picrel. Do not be intrigued by Halfdan's reintroduction, even he's not worth it.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-01-31 at 12-20-39 23 Chapter 101 - Vinland Saga - MangaDex.png (547x237, 138.57K)

Stop after prologue. Basically anime already covered the greatest arc. Just like the berserk, the really good stuff usually worth about 25 eps, afterwards mangakas are out of breath/ out of ideas.

Don't watch the anime.
Read farmland and then stop.

Chapter 55 is when he goes to the farm. Chapter 100 is when he comes back.

WIT's not doing it

>Stop after prologue
You know what? It's rather odd the author considers the first 25% of the story the "prologue."
That's like if the entirety of Philosopher's Stone was the prologue of Harry Potter.
That's not a prologue, that's just Part 1. :P

Eh, it's more about the main theme. The "prologue" is about how Thorfinn got his life fucked up. It's clear that he has very little agency in almost anything that happens. And everything after that is focused on him growing up to task of leading the Vinland expedition.

Becomes almost unberable during the Balkans arc. Gets better when they actually go to Vinland.

I meant Baltic, not Balkans.

anime did a really good job adapting the source material with the soundtrack and animation but some of the emotive faces just lack the same nuance the manga does.

Attached: manga vs anime.png (1656x694, 1.3M)