Wano is going onto year 4 now

What the fuck happened to One Piece? How can someone make their story feel like it's both dragged out and rushed at the same time.

Attached: luffy.jpg (1500x844, 132.01K)

One Piece is ultimately an episodic series about the Straw Hats encountering a funny new island and fighting its local tyrant to save the friend they just made but thanks to the nature of being a shonen the constant escalation has made those episodes grow from 2 volumes to a 100+ chapter affair over the course of 1000+ chapters

Wano has not lived up the hype oda gave it

Makes sense. We'd hate Wano left if the arc only lasted a few months.

Give it a couple years and people will call it the peak of One Piece anyway.
People were shitting on Skypeia, Enies Lobby and Dressrosa when they were current too and regardless of your feelings on those arcs it's pretty clear the fanbase has had large turnarounds on them. Even Marineford had its bitching, even if it was pretty quiet in comparison to all the new fans it was bringing in at the time.

idc what the fanbase thinks. One Piece has a low IQ fanbase. Dressrosa is shit

it's because one piece is only worth watching or reading arc by arc and weekly watchers/readers shit on it because they are too retarded to realize this

milking milking $$$

This is not true.I recently caught up to Wano so I read all of them in one go, and god Wano pales in comparison. Not only was Marineford way shorter in its length, but it also featured way more interesting characters people actually gave a fuck about. Dressrosa admittedly was stretching as well, but Flamingo was more charismatic and so were the underlings. Wano has NONE of that while the setting is just boring notJapan with no correlation to the main cast.

Didn’t they say that the series will wrap up in five years time, which was three years ago?

this has been said for like 10 years now

Has the chapter count surpassed Dressrosa yet?

I totally believe you user

Holy cope

Fish man island was an all time low because it was the exact same shit again right when Oda was moving the story forward and telling the readers more about the greater state of the world.
It should have moved to a monthly magazine after the time skip.
It could have kept the more mature tone and also it would have forced Oda to tell a more concise story since he wouldn’t be able to have the excuse of “I can just tell a side story about an OC that no one cares about during this chapter. I always have next week to advance the plot”.
I’m sure that the paneling would be the same if not worse though, so ultimately who knows if that would have been enough to keep the hype going.

I've thoroughly enjoying wano

I've been following One Piece since 2003
Dressrosa was way more disliked when that was running than Wano is now and it took a solid decade for people to finally turn around on Skypeia

>new chapter
>chapter title about a specific amount of characters
>amount of time spent on those characters is 20% of the chapter
>new chapter comes out
>need a one page update on the 30 different events all happening at the same time
Wake me up when wano is over.

Wano 4 years
Elbaf 5 years
Final War 8 years

My friend keeps hyping OP up and says it got some really deep shit, in particular mentioning something about a dark period of history / lots of foreshadowing.
Is it really that kino? Am I missing out?

Yeah but I’d start one piece 6-10 months from now when wano ends cause we’re sure to get big reveals around then