Black Clover

Official Chapter:mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1012637

Attached: Black Clover - #321 - Page 321_ Excuses - 1.jpg (784x1145, 118.02K)

Attached: Black Clover - #321 - Page 321_ Excuses - 2.jpg (784x1145, 121.86K)

Attached: Black Clover - #321 - Page 321_ Excuses - 3.jpg (784x1145, 139.09K)

Attached: Black Clover - #321 - Page 321_ Excuses - 4.jpg (784x1145, 148.74K)

Attached: Black Clover - #321 - Page 321_ Excuses - 5.jpg (784x1145, 118.18K)

Attached: Black Clover - #321 - Page 321_ Excuses - 6.jpg (784x1145, 144.81K)

Attached: Black Clover - #321 - Page 321_ Excuses - 7.jpg (784x1145, 127.6K)

Attached: Black Clover - #321 - Page 321_ Excuses - 8.jpg (784x1145, 142.4K)

Attached: Black Clover - #321 - Page 321_ Excuses - 9.jpg (784x1145, 120.31K)

Attached: Black Clover - #321 - Page 321_ Excuses - 10.jpg (784x1145, 121.42K)

Attached: Black Clover - #321 - Page 321_ Excuses - 11.jpg (784x1145, 123.71K)

Attached: Black Clover - #321 - Page 321_ Excuses - 12.jpg (784x1145, 71.63K)

Attached: Black Clover - #321 - Page 321_ Excuses - 13.jpg (784x1145, 87.57K)

Attached: Black Clover - #321 - Page 321_ Excuses - 14.jpg (784x1145, 103.3K)

Attached: Black Clover - #321 - Page 321_ Excuses - 15.jpg (784x1145, 112.36K)

Attached: Black Clover - #321 - Page 321_ Excuses - 16.jpg (784x1145, 111.86K)

Last page. End of chapter.

Attached: Black Clover - #321 - Page 321_ Excuses - 17.jpg (784x1145, 179.33K)

Chronicles of Lucifugus the Bitter Governor
Full story:
justpaste.
it/7i1sg
Chapter 36
"Complaints" (1/11)

Lucifugus didn't look forward to this, but he knew it had to be done sooner or later. But he definitely was curious for the reasons those Devils remained here for so long and didn't try to leave with Beelzebub... If they even remembered what were those reasons. But it didn't matter now. Now he wanted to just get this over with. It could be a first step to changing this world. Lucifugus and the rest got up from those strange Organs and grabbed the cloth from the ground and covered them once again. Pen and Healer were now sitting on his shoulders and Emissary flew beside him as he approached the doors and took the keys to them.

>Allow me.

Emissary said to him from the side and reached out towards the keychain. Lucifugus just shrugged and gave it to him. The moment he grabbed them he started to fall to the ground due to the weight of the keys, but he managed to fly again before he hit the ground, but he still struggled with lifting them for a moment.

>Oof... Damn. What are they made of?

Lucifugus didn't really know or cared. Emissary slowly landed on the floor right before the smaller doors and picked the smaller keychain from the larger one. He tried to open them, didn't work, another key, didn't work either. Used the last one, wondered if this one somehow is wrong one too, but thankfully this one worked.

>You need to label those things.

Emissary proposed.

>Even if I did I feel like somehow we would still always pick good one last.

Emissary just nodded and opened the door.

>Who comes in first?

(2/11)

At this question lots of punches could be heard. Lots of screaming, curses and magic being used. Emissary didn't seem to be very impressed. But as the fighting went on a single Devil came up to the doors, this one was another wolf like Devil, he was similar to the one Lucifugus crushed earlier, but he had 5 eyes with one being in the middle of his skull, his horns were also growing from the sides, but were pointing down instead of up and he was shorter and far more lean than the previous one. There was also far more dignified aura around this Devil.

>You are the one?

Emissary asked

>Grrr... Seems like it

Devil growled as he looked at the Devils fighting behind the doors. Emissary just shrugged and quickly slammed the doors once he entered.

>MIDDLEFUCKER!!!

3 voices could be heard from behind the doors. Once that was done Lucifugus just went to his desk alongside Healer and Pen and made sure that this Middle makes no strange moves towards her like that other one. He sat down and looked at the mutt. The Middle bowed and spoke first.

>It's an honor to meet you Lord-

>What do you want?

Lucifugus already knows his kind so he is not going to waste time with him. The middle just growled again quietly and stood straight up.

>I see... For one the matter I come here with is not just my own matter. It's about the pack I represent here.

The Middle definitely seemed a bit more articulate than the previous one.

>How long have you been here?

Lucifugus though wondered if that journey of his has any purpose anymore

>About 7 years. I've been send here after my brother didn't return for the past 5 years.

Lucifugus put his right leg over his left one

>Have you seen him?

He asked as he looked at the bottom of his foot

>Yes my lord. Although it is strange he didn't appear there with me. But maybe I should have expected it. He was always more wild and untamed of the two of us.

don't be mean with Sekke, Mimosa

(3/11)
Lucifugus just nodded as he looked at the remains that still stuck to his foot. There were some teeth and pieces of bone and meat still stuck there.

>But now I have to focus on my goal. Which is about the well being of my pack.

Lucifugus put his leg down and sat in the more comfortable position

>I'm all ears.

>Right... Grr... My pack goes through very hard times! We are Middle Devils like any other, but our appearances are widespread enough to make us stand out, but not enough to make us seem as normal. We are being used and perceived as no better than mere Lows.

Lucifugus's thoughts went back to that other Wolf Middle.

>I can't imagine why... What do you want me to do exactly?

Lucifugus could write a law, but he sure as hell wouldn't change those Devils's minds just by writing some laws. Besides if he wrote a law that clearly favored one particular group in a class then it would probably cause it's own fair share of problems. Even he knew that. The last thing he wants is another pointless rebellion that will cause nothing, but headaches.

>Well... we do have an idea. My pack wants to elect a Devil that would speak for our kind, change the perspective of Middle class about us and convince them that we are not just more articulate Lows.

>Then why not just elect him and be done with it. Why did you come to me?

Lucifugus was losing patience with this Devil.

>Because we are not stupid. If we chose someone like that there is no denying that this Devil would be killed in less than it would take me to finish my howl. We need you to help us with that!

Lucifugus then felt Healer poking at his arm she was sitting on.

>We can create a law about preaching. With the right agreement a Devill will be free to preach in designated areas and killing or harming that Devil could be seen as a great offence against the Underworld.

She explained her idea. The wolf visibly was pleased with it.

>That would be of great help my Lord!

(4/11)
>Hmm... Sounds pretty, but what if they preach something of far more vile nature?

Lucifugus wasn't entirely convinced.

>That's why an agreement for preaching has to be there. With that we can ensure that no harmful ways are being preached.

This sounded better... although...

>So you want to manipulate which voices can or cannot be heard... Hehe... You are more Devil like than I gave you credit for.

He congratulated her which seemed to make her visibly annoyed

>I'm NOT trying to do any of that. I just-

She was stopped by Lucifugus raising his other hand.

>I understand... I shall consider it. Work out the details with you.

He told her. There was no mockery now in his voice. It seemed to reassure her. And the Wolf Devil seemed surprised.

>You shall? Which means...

>Which means your quest is done. But I have to ask... Do you think your "pack" is still alive? Do you think there is anyone left to be chosen as a preacher for your race?

Lucifugus was very curious about it.

>Grrr... I did consider this possibility... But our kind survived hundreds upon hundreds of years... Mere 7 are nothing compared to that. My Pack could be dead and gone, but I fulfilled my mission for them all the same. Now I shall go back... But first I'll look for that dumb brother of mine.

Wolf Middle said as he turned around to leave. Healer poked at his arm again

>Shouldn't you tell him-

>Let him have his moment.

Both of them spoke in far more quiet voices. Soon enough the wolf left. Now it's time for another one.

>Who's next?

He asked Emissary who opened the doors again. The fighting begun again. This time someone flew right through the open door. This one had more bird-like features. He was tall and very lean, his body was concealed by a robe made of Devils skin, beak was black and it's horns were similar to Lucifero's smaller horns on his forehead. Emissary quickly slammed the doors again.

>OH FOR FUCK SAKE!!!

(5/11)
2 voices screamed out once the doors closed. They were one sad bunch.

>I-I-I am d-dd-deeply h-h-hon-

>GET ON WITH IT!!

The bird Devil cowered in fear as Lucifugus raised his voice. He had no time for stuttering cowards.

>Y-y-y-

*PUNCH*

The Devil punched himself hard in the beak.

>Y-yes... My lord... I am Raukurus... And I come to you with an important request!

The bird knelt down before him.

At last! Proper respect!!

Lucifugus's ego was rejoiced.

>For several hundred years my kind has been used as a food source! For several hundred years our man, woman and children have been turned into MEAT for the highborns!! We are hunted down, chopped to pieces and burned!! Sometimes not even in that order!! I ask you our Liege!! PLEASE stop this injustice!! Make the slaughter stop!!

From pathetic cowardice and stutter in a blink of an eye this Devil's voice was filled with great distain, rage and passion. Lucifugus could also feel a swirrling storm of mana inside this Devil. This Devil was obviously old, but also very strong and his voice at this point really showed both of those.

>How long have you been here?

Lucifugus wanted to know. This Devil actually picked his curiosity

>Long enough my Lord...

>Why didn't you leave?

It was rather odd. He was basically trapped here with bunch of Devils from all kinds of levels.

>I saw all of my own kin butchered... My home desolated and the ones responsible feasting on the rubble and then their corpses left by my magic... Then I watched for many years my kind enduring the same thing. I had nothing to live for, nothing other than fixing this injustice! The way our kind is destroying ourselves!! Time is of no matter to me. All that matters is that I am here right now!

>I see... So you want me to do something with acts of eating other Devils...

It was going to be tricky too... That's for sure. The bird devil just got up from his knees and grabbed his head.

>The fact that it even has to be said...

(6/11)
Lucifugus could tell that Healer felt the same.

>I will see if I can do something about it.

He told him with hesitation.

>When?

There was no respect or fear in this Devil's voice now. Only fury.

>As soon as possible mister!!

Pen jumped suddenly in front of the Devil and started shaking his hand. The Middle quickly took his hand away.

>We shall see...

And he turned around after giving Lucifugus a glance full of resentment and sorrow. The way he changed here so suddenly made even Lucifugus weirded out. Then he noticed something else. Emissary he... begun to shake this Devils hand as he left. The Devil left the Workshop and there was uncomfortable silence all around.

>You know him?

Lucifugus asked Emissary

>He was one of my opponents when I fought in the arenas before I met Lord of the Flies.

Emissary explained as he kept looking at the door

>He is very old then...

>And strong... He is one of the few Devils that came close to beating me back then.

Emissary's voice was full of respect

>The way he entered though was less than graceful... and the way his personality changed...

Lucifugus still couldn't understand what exactly was going on with that Devil...

>...

Emissary didn't speak for a moment.

>It's Flies's work isn't it?

Lucifugus guessed

>Some... had worse reaction to my Lords magic... He never fought alongside us. Please leave him be Lord Lucifugus.

That was even stranger... Emissary actually pleaded here. It was so strange to see it. But Lucifugus couldn't bring himself to mock him.

>Don't worry. I have no problem with him.

Lucifugus try to ease his worries. He hoped it worked.

>...I'll get the next one.

Emissary said as he opened the door again. This time without him saying anything the sound of punching and angry cursing begun once again. Emissary just growled in annoyance as he went in there.

*PUNCH* *PUNCH*

(7/11)
Two punches were heard and the sound of fighting seized immediately. Emissary came back into the Workshop dragging one Devil behind him by his head. Once he entered he threw him in Lucifugus's direction. Devil landed in front of his feet. The Devil quickly got up and just by looking at him Lucifugus could tell it was a High Devil although strangely deformed. This one definitely didn't look as strong as Emissary. Must have been a High from some lower levels. He had a bit shorter hair than Zagred and his body was more disfigured. There were lots of holes on his arms and body. The black energy around his body was covering only some parts of him, his wings were covered in eyes and mouths that were looking and speaking independently of this Devil, his eyes looked like they were melting, this thing had two mouths that grew on two sides of his face around his long nose, it had no tail and his horns were a mess. His right horn was a square like spiral and his left one was coming from his forehead and it was growing all the way into the back of his skull stabbing it. This High was some sort of abomination that reeked of one Devil in particular. Megi.

>If you came here to ask for Megi's experiments to be illegalized then you are a bit late. I'm already taking care of that.

The High didn't answer. Just stared at him with defeated eyes.

>Is anyone there?

He asked as he looked closer at this mutated Devil. Did this thing even understood their language.

>Help...

Two mouths spoke in unison with one voice. His voice was weak, full of pain and torment.

>Help? Sorry, but you came to the wrong place.

Lucifugus tried to dismiss this... thing. He looked at Healer for a moment. Her eyes were full of empathy as she looked at this High, but he could tell that she had no way of helping him. Lucifugus looked back on this Devil, he was still standing there, shaking as if it took great effort to even stand there. Lucifugus wondered how long was this thing here...

(8/11)
How did a Devil like that survived here?

>Help...

It didn't give up and pleaded again. Lucifugus could tell it was desperate.

>I can't. I don't think anyone can really. The best I can do is thwart the efforts of the bitch that did this to you, but not much else.

This thing grew more angry. Lucifugus could tell from it's ragged breathing and the way it's body started to shake.

>HEL-

*STAB*

Then out of nowhere a hand burst out of this thing's chest, holding it's still beating heart. When this thing looked around it saw Emissary with uncaring, emotionless expression on his face which then transformed into a warm smile.

>Smile in your last moments.

This thing was in terrible pain now, but soon it did as it was commanded. The laugh of this thing was quiet, but Lucifugus could tell it was honest. Whatever it saw in it's mind it was happy. The blood started gushing from both mouths of this mutant, it eyes fell from their sockets.

*CRUSH*

And Emissary crushed it's heart. As he took his hand out of this thing it's body fell down to the floor, still laughing, still smiling until it's body turned to dust. Gone as if nothing happened here in the first place. Lucifugus and everyone didn't quite know what to say. Lucifugus begun.

>That was...

>Necessary.

And Emissary finished in a more monotone tone as his smile faded once again.

>We could have helped this Devil... Somehow...

Healer's voice was full of guilt.

>We both know it wasn't possible.

Lucifugus tried to comfort her.

>Lady Megi... Terrible...

Pen said as he looked at the place where the Devil was standing.

>I will take care of her... Sooner or later...

We didn't need any more reasons really.

He had to agree with Ego. At least now everyone will be determined enough to give her what she deserves.

>How many do we have left?

Lucifugus asked Emissary

>Two.

Odd... Last time he only heard two voices. Was the other one not fighting at all?

>Get here the next one.