Spielberg is back

Spielberg is back

Attached: The Fabelmans.png (964x298, 151.4K)

Isn’t Lunch in this?

>created some of the greatest blockbusters of the 20th century
>has now only made boring crap or soulless schlock for the past 25 years
how

I saw an early screening of this. It's just some 1950s kid liking the hollywood movies of the 1950s. It was bland/boring/overly inoffensive. It's mired in the optimism of the 1950s and doesn't feel relevant to the modern day.

If someone didn't grow up in the 50s, they won't be able to identify with this at all. It's like all the "member the 80s" stuff from IT or Stranger Things with no other plot elements, but for the 50s.

Zoomers watching period pieces:
>UGH MEMBERBERRIES AMIRITE?! GOD LE WRONG GENERATION MUCH?

He got old and he refuses to slow down his production work. I still don't comprehend how the fucker directed Jurassic Park 2, Armistad, and SAVING PRIVATE RYAN in a 2 year span. Is there any other director that can even be compared to the constant pace Spielberg manages. Even in his fucking 70s, when most men his age are retired the dude still is the credited director of nearly one movie a year.

I wish he could just slow down, but I'm guessing a movie legend of his kind would feel bored just having to work on a single film for 2 to 3 years.

He's obsessively been making stuff since he was like 13. No one's stopping him, not even Heather's ghost.

often the wrong people are credited for great cinema. often the real geniuses are the The Director of Photography, 1st Assistant Director, The Production Designer.
The main director supposedly only directs the actors and nothing else. Spielberg probably makes shit these days because the true geniuses have left the building and now work somewhere else.

he didn't become a hack. he was always a hack

Attached: d50a347cd6edf1eeecf2a366831810eb.jpg (1000x1500, 223.48K)

Never left
He was always an overrated hack

the last interesting movie Spielberg made was Munich
after that everything is phoned in, paint by numbers crap

I can't imagine he's still doing the day to day work a normal director is expected to. He must assign a shitload of stuff to the B-Team.

The Steven Spielberg of the 90s would have never okay'd the new West Side Story. The direction for that one was TV-Movie tier.

Will this be Spielberg's most blatant oscar bait?

he already did that with Schindler's List, it just so happened that was also a very good movie

Was painfully obvious with Bridge.
I feel like his movies are in name only and someone else is directing.
Like a backwards Poltergeist.

Attached: la-et-mn-steven-spielberg-back-in-the-director-001.png (1705x1316, 1.39M)

>Will this be Spielberg's most blatant oscar bait?

No, those were The Color Purple, Schindler's List and Amistad!!!FACT!!!

>high profile movie that isn't out yet has lots of positive reviews

wow i've never seen this happen before

>Seth Rogen

Attached: 95f.jpg (600x654, 40.86K)

Same but whenever a movie is about boomer nostalgia for Hollywood and Cinema.

>2022
>still trusting rt
just wait for the audience score on metacritic

I honestly keep forgetting that he's still working, because everything he produces these days just feels like something he does on his off-time while working on other things