Ridley Scott on the Alien prequels

He is finally done with it

>When asked about the development on the next installment in the Alien franchise he stated the following, "They (Disney) are working on a few films, I gave them one of my scripts, but they aren't moving forward with it, they are doing something else. Something new and no, it's not like Prometheus or (Alien) Covenant, it's more in line with the first and the second. They (Disney) want to move with the franchise in a new direction and I'm fine with this. I told all I wanted to with Prometheus and Covenant storywise."
>When asked on why his script was scrapped he followed with, "I won't say what didn't work or what did with the script, I think the problem was that I wanted to move from the xenomorph and they didn't like that. The creature is so iconic, I guess that's something that just doesn't want to let you go. And I won't say more."

Attached: 1663191057016173.jpg (946x1064, 178.84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fhsViy0zQII
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>dude forget the alien let's talk about how Jesus isn't real and how aliens are real
Lmao fuck this faggot

Let's be honest, Ridley has been Joe Biden level demented for like a decade now

No he just massively overestimated the intelligence of the audience, don't worry though: Disney will serve up the goyslop you so desire and deserve.

he underestimated his own intelligence and talent even more.
I can see the high school level philosophy he wanted to talk about, I can see he thought it was really deep, but he failed at doing it in a coherent way and tacked it on to movies that were absolutely god fucking shitty awful.

>Ridley tries to do something new with the series
Boooooo!
>Disney just wants to release Alien/Aliens again with more black women
YES THIS IS WHAT WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!!!

you deserve this.

>And I won't say more
I will. Yidsneed wants to use the white Xenomorph and an all black crew of astronauts like Trayvon Martin

Attached: 250[1].jpg (250x353, 14.49K)

It's not like it can get any worse after Alien Covenant.

Goddamn that movie was so much wasted potential.

Good lord, there is a God. Better keep Scott away from directing anything. Dude is absolutely deranged and the only reason as to why he keeps getting projects is his ability to not use up all the given budget. His movies have been forgettable for multiple decades now and I really wonder what happened to the director that made Duellists, Alien and Blade Runner.

Old fart

what i want to know is that, if the alien franchise is famous for having a woman asa hero protagonist, will they gender swap and make a man the hero this time?
they even could make him black, i would be fine with that.

Attached: 1648048350073.gif (500x375, 1.48M)

John Carpenter but if he didn't know when to stop

Black Rain was also pretty kino
youtube.com/watch?v=fhsViy0zQII

Prometheus and Covenant are great movies. In fact they some of the only movies released in the last decade that are good.

Any Forums is filled with retarded soiboys that unironically watch GoT or Rings of Power

wish his brother Tony Scott was still around to bless us with action kino instead of the garbage Ridley spews out at this point

I think he's a hypocrite for this shit considering how post Prometheus he just went fuck it. The whole second part of Covenant is just a retreading of Alien shit.

Got old, tired. Also got fucked by the producers big time, watch the director's cut of Kindgom of Heaven, it's kino. Now remember that it was the studio that force Orlando Bloom as the mc, it was supposed to be Liam Neeson. Prometheus had some really good ideas in the original script, even some creepy shit like the Engineers trying to make some captive humans to mate with pheromones without realising they got two males so the guys go on a rape rampage. The studio brought fucking Damon Lindelof to rewrite all that madness.

However, Scott is also to blame since all his movies are a mess behind the scenes so I can understand why the producers want more control over his movies, still from those messed productions we got things like Blade Runner and Gladiator, the latter was a fucking hell with two actors dying and the script being written right before the shots.

This. His last flick was kino and I'm not surprised it bombed.

Captcha: G0YSL0P

high IQ take

I like American Gangster, Hannibal and Prometheus more than Blade Runner.

Just shows how awful his movies were

>it's not like Prometheus or (Alien) Covenant, it's more in line with the first and the second
so it'll be decent?

low IQ take

Stopping those terrible Alien prequels was the right call.
But I need moar RAISED BY KINO, ffs.

Attached: raised-by-wolves-hbo-max-season-21200x675-1.jpg (1200x675, 101.08K)

Prometheus was a cool idea and it would have been neat to see it fully realised. Covenant was fucking awful. I won't watch any new "Alien" movies because I'm sick of franchiseshit.