Goldmember was 20 years ago

>Goldmember was 20 years ago

Attached: sad austin.gif (400x300, 1.98M)

I loved Goldmember as a kid, watched it so many times, way more than 1 and 2 for some reason. Does it still hold up?

>Austin Powers has basically been a dead franchise for 2 decades.

Comedy movies in general died a few years after Goldmember.

Still baffles me to this day that milleniala found these movies funny in the slightest

>Comedy movies in general died a few years after Goldmember.
Why was this? I'm assuming the rise of Social Media?

Yes, if you still appreciate dumb humor. The characters are all still the same and have great lines here and there, but it would be fair to say the others are better.
It has the iconic opening scene parody with Tom Cruise and Dr Evil in prison so it has it's highlights. Goldmember himself is also funny.

>milleniala

Sounds like a deep sea creature.

Yea I saw it in the theater, it’s the worst one

HEY ASSHOLE

Attached: R.e15572a3afad6e2f8181b7691ee29677.jpg (1200x800, 127.25K)

Beyonce was horribly miscast in this movie.

Did you get any snacks? Popcorn? Drink?

>There are people posting on here who were born after Goldmember released
Fug

Every group except for straight white males became off-limits for comedy after studios starting actually listening to Twitter mobs in the early 2010's.

Relax guys, there's always The Love Guru if you're looking for top kino.

Just ate dead skin

I don't speak freaky deaky dutch

This. She was hot but she couldn't act for shit and dragged the movie down horribly. She also had no chemistry with Myers at all but that probably wasn't (entirely) her fault.

I LOVE GOLD

okay perv boy?

There’s also the incredibly underrated Pentaverate.

Comes with a banging soundtrack.

Attached: D67C4F20-F20E-4CD8-82E1-CEE7157821C9.jpg (1024x455, 61.45K)

She was better than wooden Heather Graham, not as hot though. And she was perfectly cast since she was playing an old school black diva.

She was perfect as a parody of future 007 movies as they predicted

Everything had to become coated in a veneer of Judd Apatow coolness or self-deprecation, and basically be a bunch of improv jackasses having swear chain attacks as a "joke." Basically, goofy silly stuff stopped being cool, and everything had to be cool because of the rise of hipster-ism (faggotry), so that's what we got.

Vivica A. Fox would have played it better

How about no, you crazy Dutch bastard?

This. Or literally any actual black actress at the time

Not a singer