Why is Chevy Chase considered a comedy icon? Nigga hasn’t ever been funny

Why is Chevy Chase considered a comedy icon? Nigga hasn’t ever been funny

Attached: 226FC76B-4DD7-470F-9E78-3BDD0D70C15A.jpg (476x563, 113.58K)

None of the comedians from that era were particularly funny to be honest

Andy Kaufman's Steve Martin impersonation is the greatest thing that he ever did

there have never been any funny comedians

>Terry Sweeney (first openly gay SNL cast member): Chevy hosted the second show, and we were all so excited because, to us, Chevy was like a god. This was someone returning who'd been one of the original people and was this legendary figure. And we were just excited to work with him. And when he got there, he was a monster. I mean, he insulted everybody. He said to Robert Downey, Jr., "Didn't your father used to be a successful director? Whatever happened to him? Boy, he sure died, you know, he sure went to hell." Downey turned ashen. And then Chevy turned to me and he said, "Oh, you're the gay guy, right?" And he goes, "I've got an idea for a sketch for you. How about we say you have AIDS and we weigh you every week?" It was out of place. So then he ended up having to apologize and actually coming to my office. He was really furious that he had to apologize. He was just beside himself. And it was just awful. He acted horribly to me. He acted horribly to everyone. When he got on the elevator at the end of the night – you know, we all go to the party afterwards – and everybody saw him coming, we did. We wouldn't be on the elevator with him. We were all hiding. We were plastered against the wall going, "Oh, he's getting on the elevator, he's almost gone. Oh, he's gone." No one wanted to be near him. I don't know what he was on or what was happening to him mentally, but he was just crazy.

>Jon Lovitz: When Chevy Chase was hosting, there was a meeting with writers and staff. So Chevy looks at Terry Sweeney and goes, "You're gay, right?" Terry goes, "Yes, what would you like me to do for you?" Chevy goes, "Well, you can start by licking my balls."

Attached: 1644876005297.png (633x549, 226.16K)

Dan Aykroyd was pretty funny

Kek
His behind the scenes antics are where he’s his funniest

Vacation

For me it’s this gem

>During an appearance on Howard Stern's Sirius XM "Howard 100" radio show Wednesday, actor Joel McHale told the shock jock about his frequent clashes with his former "Community" co-star Chevy Chase. McHale also said Chase would use the "n-word" while filming the series.

>"You shouldn't be throwing [the 'n-word'] around on set," McHale said when asked by Stern about Chase's alleged use of the racial slur, "When he said [the 'n-word'], I was like, 'We are now at Def-Con 1."

>McHale also alleges that Chase said he had special permission from late comedian Richard Pryor to use the "n-word."

Attached: 54EE74C3-73E2-4B06-849C-9E638811669D.png (480x588, 251.42K)

t. low test

Spies Like Us is kino. Everything else is cringe, especially the Vacation movies.

Imagine getting filtered by memoirs of an invisible man

Poor Chevy why the fuck was he on Community anyways he really needed the money that bad? How did he even meet someone like Dan

This is a good take. It’s true actually

Dan used him.

Man (and I mean that: MAN), this report was written by a pretty salty faggot.

Although Chevy does seem like an asshole. Probably never got his ass properly kicked to help him figure the world out

this is why I like him. he put those jew york divas in their place.

You had to be there

Lornes face in the top picture looks like him laughing at something racist Chevy just said

joel mchale is a faggot

I've read a couple of Fletch novels. They are pretty funny. Strangely, Chase was a good pick play the lead in the movies. I think John Hamm could do a good job too, but we'll see,