Did this annoying little shit do anything? Aside from singing?

Did this annoying little shit do anything? Aside from singing?

Attached: pippin.jpg (800x600, 133.33K)

Fool of a Took!

failed upward
>forced gandalf to confront and kill a balrog getting a massive vegeta upgrade from valinor for near-death XP
>forced the gang to use the palantir and wrench it away from Sauron which they would have probably put off and been too pussy to do
>went around yelling that Faramir was about to get murdered and saved him from burning to death

Convinced the Ents to enter the war and drained Saruman out of his powers with that
That's already big shit
Saved Faramir from death
Fuck he did a lot, user

>Convinced the Ents to enter the war
He and Merry did that together. I'm asking what did he do by himself? Frodo carried the ring. Sam helped him along the way and rescued him from the spider. Merry struck the blow that crippled the witch king before Eowyn finished him off. What did this fuck do?
>Saved Faramir from death
Running to Gandalf screaming "HEEEEELP" is not saving the man

>*eats raspberry*

Tool of a fook.

He literally pushed Faramir's unconscious body off the burning pyre

Pippin kept the plot moving. Also, they needed nine members of the fellowship to match the nine ringwraiths. Also, Pippin lifted everyone’s spirits with his optimism.

He was the decoy Frodo.

Lit the signal towers, bringing the Rohirim to the battle of Pelanor fields

Attached: th (15).jpg (401x225, 18K)

in the movies:
>he was the one that convince treebeard to go around Isengard to see the cutting of Fangorn
>looked into the palantir, causing Sauron to think he has the ring and to witness when Sauron was going to strike
>would never had Faramir saved if he didn't pledge himself to Gondor and became a tower guard

in the books:
>was the only hobbit in the army of the west at the Black Gate where he personally slew a troll
>roused the hobbits to take back the shire during the scouring of the shire

I forgot to add that I think Pippin was for some time a keeper of the Red Book of Westmarch. It eventually found its way to Minas Tirith and ultimately to Tolkien himself. Pippin named his son Faramir too which is pretty dope.

With all due respect to the other Hobbits, Pippin probably accomplished more than the rest of them combined. All Frodo and Sam did was walk to Mordor. The real question is what did Merry do?

>It eventually found its way to Minas Tirith and ultimately to Tolkien himself
wat

>All Frodo and Sam did was walk to Mordor
While dodging or fighting a gorillion orcs and Nazgul and spiders along the way, and Gollum in the home stretch

He literally killed the Witch King

The Lord of the Rings is intended as a translation of the Book of the West March, which in lore is a book Tolkien found and translated/made sense of. Frodo's name is actually Maura Labingi

Wasn't it Merry who backstabbed the Witch King when he was going ham and swinging his flail with reckless abandon?

I'm not really diminishing what they did, but that was one act, and Frodo couldn't even willingly finish it in the end. Pippin had wildly different character development and an overall larger impact on the entire fellowship and the events outside Mordor at large.

The Red Book of Westmarch is the name of the book that There and Back Again and The Lord of the Rings are in. It was a book that Tolkien claimed he “found” and translated into English. The book was gifted from Bilbo to Frodo, then to Sam, Merry, Pippin, then it was kept in Michel Delving and finally Minas Tirith I think. I think Tolkien claimed that he bought it and it was found on a pirate ship or something I can’t remember exactly.

Ah right with that dagger that just so happened to be the Witch King's exact bane, that's true, and it was a huge accomplishment. What else did Merry do?