Why did she flop?

Why did she flop?

Attached: Tiana.png (290x450, 134.69K)

A black girl I used to talk to was heartbroken she spent most of the movie as a frog. I genuinely think black girls should get a disney princess but a new one.

N

Because people watch Disney films for a whimsical fairytale, not to be reminded of loud bitches with 14 unwanted prenancies.

The black community didn't like the non-magical take, or the fact that she was a frog for most of the movie and didn't support it.
They are, this one is being made by the people behind frozen

Attached: asha.png (360x360, 208.52K)

Not that good of a story.

I looked into it the other day and it still did alright at the box office. I think the issue was that Disney wanted it to be a Renaissance era success and the toys weren't selling at all .

They haven’t said anything about a new frozen then, have they? I would never admit it in real life, but I love that franchise so much

>THIS was Disney's last traditionally hand-drawn animation movie, aside from Winnie the Pooh
Feels bad man

maybe im the only non-zoomer here but
Princess and the frog was the last 2d film Disney produced. At the time, 2d was already years considered outdated and pretty much every knew it was going to fail. this was considered the dark era for disney since they failed to adapt to audience taste

This. I'd love to have seen more of the bad guy though. He was fun.

Last big Disney 2D animated film at a time where 3D had become the norm
Princess movie where the Princess characters spends nearly the whole time as a frog
Her being black is a harder sell in most markets
Realeased around the same time as fuckin AVATAR

I like this one honestly.
>hard work to meet goals is good
>freeloaders bad
>rich white friend is good
>original poc character, no blackwash
Plus my kids like the music. Honestly there's a lot worse out there.

>I think the issue was that Disney wanted it to be a Renaissance era success and the toys weren't selling at all .

way too late, should've been released in the 90s

They were right about MENA dudes though they fucking WORSHIP black/African women

It's bizarre how Disney had such high standards for some works in the 2000s while they couldn't give a damn how much garbage they put out regarding their other IP's

>used to talk to a nigger
>thinks movies need more niggers to not hurt nigger feelings
Why is Goychan like this?

Seems awfully light-skinned.

>I genuinely think black girls should get a disney princess but a new one.
Isn't King Louis married with children? Besides, they already have the gorillas from Tarzan.

She's an octoroon, chud. Check the wikia if you don't believe me.