Dark City > Matrix

Dark City > Matrix
there is the redpill for tonight

Attached: artworks-000251655058-co2iyq-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 30.23K)

Matrix has a better final fight

>implying the kino psychic fight isn't kino as fuck

Both films have the problem that after a very atmospheric and mysterious initial set-up, they turn into bombastic action movies at the end. Dark City at least only does that for like the last 20 minutes, in The Matrix it's like the whole last hour.
I really like the whole film noir / cyberpunk / gothic / art deco sort of style. Some people say it has to do with German expressionism but out of those films I've only seen Metropolis so I can't say myself. When I watch The Matrix I wish that more of the movie had that same style as the first half-hour or so, with lots of darkness and rain and the characters moving through dilapidated but somehow beautiful empty buildings.
Don't get me wrong, the bright green/blue Matrix city is cool too and I wish it was explored more but in the Matrix sequels the city seems kinda empty, like the only people in it are there to advance the interests of the plot and it's just a backdrop for action sequences. That's one of the things I liked about Resurrections - it made the virtual city seem like a place full of people again.

Jennifer Connelly moggs the fuck out of that ugly bitch from the Matrix. Dark City was released first and has interesting twist and better ending.

The action was pretty good but I got filtered with the flying shit. Fucking goku vs frieza

We need more sci-fi noir, such an underrated genre.

And a better ending

This. I watched this with my family and got so embarrassed when this shit started to happen. Cringe fest. I blushed for the first time since middle school

It's a really rockin' ending that makes you want to say "fuck yeah!" but I do think that the whole "love conquers all" thing with Trinity's kiss giving Neo the strength he needs is kinda generic, especially given that the two characters have little chemistry in the movie.

Watch the 13th Floor

The Matrix is a much better action movie than Dark City…by a lot. It’s one of the best movies of all time. Dark City’s second half is boring. It’s not as good as Matrix. The only reason people watch Dark City is because of Jennifer Connelly

>coomer wants to be taken seriously
lol

Excellent high effort post. Best part of Dark City for me were the first 20 or so minutes. I still like it overall but I think when John first gets confronted by the aliens it breaks with the tone we saw already that point with his powers and the CGI fight/worm creatures eeking out of the dead bodies

Why were you so personally embarrassed?

Yes, because levitating psychics wasn't a thing before DBZ!!! You absolute tools!

Because he's a tool, that's why!

If I had to live in a virtual reality controlled by evil forces, I'd rather it be a cool permanently night 1940s metropolis with jazz clubs and automats than work in a cubicle in the 90s like Neo.

World on a Wire >>>>>>>> Dark City > Matrix

Attached: 391dgtDtqheRif3X3IGzymuvDDafZ1_large.jpg (1288x1600, 188.14K)

I saw in a theatre. First time I saw The Matrix trailer.

nemesis > matrix

Attached: mpv-shot0003.jpg (1920x1080, 220.97K)

>Nemesis
I've never heard of that film before. It looks interesting.