People shit and piss their pants because Hicks and Newt are dead in Alien 3

>People shit and piss their pants because Hicks and Newt are dead in Alien 3

I don't get it, I really don't. Like who gives a shit.

Attached: Dead_Hicks_Alien3.jpg (1920x810, 127.3K)

Stupid audiences getting attached to characters who struggled for a whole movie to survive only to be pointlessly killed off just so that we can make another "artsy" film

Why bother making it a direct sequel if you're going to pull that though?

>makes a direct canon sequel
>kills 2 important characters off screen
imaging they did this now with marvel or DC holy shit people would be cancelling the fuck outta movies

Even fucking GRRM blasted this movie for killing them off so frivolously.

>Entire last half of Aliens is about saving these characters
>It's all made pointless in the first minute of the sequel because they die anyway off screen

Yeah it should have been no Newt, Ripley, or Hicks. It should have been Alien vs Predator vs Hudson

Attached: hudson.jpg (308x163, 7.92K)

they wanted >muh le space family

>important
FUCKING LOL

Weak bait.

shut up david

The only good part of this movie is that David Fincher hates it

Yes they're fucking important. Hicks is the main marine and the guy Ripley starts crushing on. Newt became Ripley's surrogate daughter since she fucking lost her own daughter due to drifting decades in hypersleep. She spends the entire last quarter of the movie trying to rescue Newt. She rescued them, pulling off a clutch win against all odds. Then the after credits scene pops on and says "Just kidding, they all died on the way home." It's stupid. Don't be a moron.

>referencing the inferior special edition
The dead daughter angle was bullshit. Not once during the first film was a daughter mentioned. It's contrived nonsense thrown in for a cheap family angle. What you're describing is a romantic interest and a kid thrown in just so that there's an excuse for Ripley to have a fight with the Queen at the end. More contrived shit. They are glorified plot devices.

newt was shit and the worst part of aliens dwayne was cool though

I would just say, you're not the target audience for it

It's better with a bunch of unsympathetic bald guys you can't tell apart getting eaten.

The equivalent of this would be if they made a 4th Lord of the Rings movie, where it's revealed that Sauron actually won and killed off all of the hobbits, Aragorn, and other important characters offscreen. In other words, it was a completely retarded decision that renders the 2nd movie pointless.

I don't like Newt and I'm glad she's dead. Hicks was based but he already had a time in the spotlight.

Attached: 1340287821094.jpg (447x447, 35.68K)

Imagine if in the opening of the esb back Han and Leia's lifeless bodies were shown after they got caught and shot against wall execution style by the empire.

Inb4 some pretentious twat goes "but that would be cool tho"