Physical media bros, hows the collection coming along? whats your latest haul?

Physical media bros, hows the collection coming along? whats your latest haul?

Attached: E9EDB7BA-2247-46C7-9D06-85313B32C51F.jpg (1388x1860, 2.15M)

Other urls found in this thread:

loc.gov/preservation/scientists/projects/cd_longevity.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Damn nice freaking collection. Do you collect books too?

What’s in that big Drive box? :O

Got Dunc and Shutter Island on 4k. I fucking hate HDR.

What happens when the disk rot settles in?
I'm afraid of starting a physical collection for this reason

Its VHS or nothing

You’ll be dead by then. We’re all borrowers of everything we have, not owners. When you realize this you’ll truly appreciate what you spend your money on

Based free thinker. I still have Bob Dylan CDs from 1980 in pristine condition. You can also tell they used a much more solid plastic disc.

What films are in that Forgotten Gialli collection?

If you get a new copy of something a disc is said to last about 20-25 years. However, Blu-Rays and DVDs are said to be less susceptible to rot than normal discs. Some say that they could potentially last up to 100-150 years, but I really really doubt that.
To be honest, even if they last 25-30 years, you might end up double dipping by the time the life span of those discs are over.

>physical media
completely pointless in the modern era

Attached: hdmi cable.webm (854x480, 2.86M)

did they fuck after that yes or no

I've got a couple of movies on DVD and blu ray, but generally now they're tied to a trip to the cinema shop, or some other reason like they're the DVD of a book I'm into.

I have DER Golem, Embrace the Serpent, La Belle and Le Baut, Titan A.E and Bastard on the same shelf,
so there must be something wrong with me...

wait isnt HDR good? why do you hate it

I'm planning on buying a huge server with redundancy and backing everything up in it.

It made Shutter Island in 4k look all washed out/sepia tone. I figured this was the original look. But then I popped in the Bluray for the special features and it's all colorful and looks sharper than the 4k version. HDR is a fucking artificial meme and I hate it.

you will (most likely) have to move so many times in 20-30 years that youll get rid of everything you own for several times. at least it happened to me. if you have to move twice in a year, youre not carrying a single dvd with you.

It's pretty filled out desu.

Blu-rays

Attached: Movies_01.jpg (4032x2332, 1.8M)

Only retards think this.
>Highest quality bitrate
>Special features
>No internet connection required
>Proper 24 fps playback

Only problem with physical is storage space. But even then, if you're a sick fuck you can just toss all the cases and keep your discs in a spindle.

>t. Physical and Digital movie collection chad

Most recently, the Arrow steelbook 4K release of pic related.

Attached: 20220814_144251.jpg (4000x2252, 1.24M)

4Ks, TV shows, miniseries, etc.

It's not bad if you get a good cabinet to store them in.

Attached: Movies_02.jpg (4032x2260, 1.61M)

DVDs, what's left of them.

Very nice. How do you stay up to date on releases like that?

Attached: Movies_03.jpg (2848x3575, 1.85M)

the physical media collector has a copy of brokeback mountain, why am i not surprised. at least if you were a based digital media thief you'd be able to hide that sort of shit in another folder. any woman you show this too is going to know you're a child molester and come running back to me and my hdmi cable.

I don't collect DVDs, I have more refined taste

Attached: IMG_6639_1.jpg (950x1440, 350.93K)

Me and my wife think it's a good movie. I saw it in the theater as a joke, but besides the buttfucking it was a really damn good movie.

loc.gov/preservation/scientists/projects/cd_longevity.html
You'll probably be dead before most of your games rot

I sort by year