Why wasn't this scene added in the remake?

Why wasn't this scene added in the remake?

Attached: dune1984.jpg (1280x720, 71.11K)

Because it's too fucking kino and we can't have kino things nowadays

This scene and the navigator scenes in the lynch version make it better than DUNC.

DUNC is so fucking dry and boring. It doesnt play in to any of the Dune alien weirdness at all. Its like villeneuve took dune and stripped it back to be as bland and generic sci fi as possible.

The lynch version is flawed but at least its interesting. Also spicediver edit is best.

1) No point casting and filming Irulan who wouldn't show up in the movie besides this
2) To give more material to Muttdaya who also was barely in this as Chani

how do we go from this to florence puke

Didnt the same happen with Bladerunner 2049?

I hate how cartoon villainy the Harkonnens and their place looks. I always pictured Harkonnen stuff being like the height of hedonistic Roman emperor in terms of looks. Gaudy robes, colorful and expensive outfits. Instead they all wear black rubber gimp outfits and live in a dark cave because they're evil bro

Attached: 1436892996050.jpg (1024x1024, 148.55K)

Say what you want to say, but this version is ten times better than DUNC.

Because nobody rememeber how movies are made.
And villememe is a hack

>DUNC is so fucking dry and boring. It doesnt play in to any of the Dune alien weirdness at all. Its like villeneuve took dune and stripped it back to be as bland and generic sci fi as possible.
All his movies are like that

Piter/Rabban having zero screen presence, no Feyd as a cameo for some baffling reason, etc. Denis can't do villains for shit. His Baron and Niander Wallace were both so fucking tryhard. Beating people over the heads with how EEEEEEVIL they are doesn't make good villains, you French faggot

The Lynch worms were great. All practical and they made this great noise that was a split between a roar, a hiss, and something entirely otherworldly.

Fucking exactly!

I'd say a mix between Rome and Victorian London - so a segregation between the colourful ornate castles of the Harkonnens and their vassals and the industrialised slums of the denizens, with the gladiator pits being the one area of unity between the rulers and the ruled.

Always liked it, as messy as it was

One of those movies where despite the mess it was obviously made by a talented director and crew. Lynch and his guys gave a shit. Spent like 2 or 3 years out in the desert working on it. Only a smug YouTube video essayist or dipshit on here or reddit that has not done any research and hasn't got an original thought in their head would casually disparage Lynch for Dune

Couldn't agree more

>A blonde white woman in a 2022 movie

*pretty blonde white women

They now have to be uggos and frumpy because fags/female executives have influence and are pandering to the increasingly ugly, fat, and insecure masses and female consoomers.

i'm not particularly fan of narators in movies, especially when they have no part in the action.

i know she's supposed to be the writer of Paul's story in the book but frankly, its is an unnecessary detail

Ascended miniseries Chads like me won't get involved in stupid Lynch vs. DUNC discussions.