Soon

soon

Attached: gettyimages-1388061934-2048x2048-1.jpg (2048x1444, 224.92K)

probably still has a good 10-15 years left in him

Attached: 16970785607860.jpg (1280x720, 370.82K)

You get the fuck out of here with that.

this guy has been 80 for like 20 years at this point

Shut the fuck up fag, he will outlive us all.

The last good english actor

>English
He's Welsh.

I hope you die soon instead OP

that's the same dumb bullshit as 'no sure i'm from kentucky'. guy IS from the island of England, he's English

>I will eat you for diner
he's thinking probably about the guy taking the video

>the island of England
American education.

Same

t. OP

Fuck off my ancestors were from england and germany and I know what i am talking about

To be fair, user, Wales is a meme country.

That'll do, user.

Freeze all posting functions.

Attached: images - 2022-09-15T082733.390.jpg (450x675, 51.35K)

Look, I'm going to talk at the risk of sounding stupid myself but it's the UNITED KINGDOM. And that country is composed of two major islands: Ireland (of which only Northern Ireland is in the UK) and Great Britain, which is composed of regions and peoples including: the English, the Welsh, and the Scottish, inhabiting landmasses that are referred to as England, Wales, and Scotland.

So, as far as I can tell, when you call them "the British" you're talking about the people who live in Great Britain. If you're talking about the English, Scottish, or Welsh, you're talking about a specific group of people, like Kentuckians. You don't fucking go up to some guy from Kentucky and say "Oh you're South Carolinian same shit" just like you wouldn't go up to a Welshman and say, "You're English" because they'll rip your balls off the same way the person from Kentucky would.

Yes, the Welshman would get into a huff in the same way a person from Kentucky would. But it would have been more accurate to say "The last good British actor", not English.

Based, they're all English people here and thats that.

>Yes, the Welshman would get into a huff in the same way a person from Kentucky would.
When it comes to Hopkins personally, he didn't. I think he was on a Dick Cavett interview in the 90s, where he's fully aware of the Americans making innocent mistakes when they conflate the Welsh or the British as a whole with English and says he's cool with it, even though his Welsh countrymen do get in a huff over it and do the whole 'You aren't English, man! Say you're Welsh!!' stuff.

British may as well be a singular ethnicity, frankly. The Yorkshireman will find that the southern Welshman or Edinburgh resident is about as alien to him as the Oxfordshire toff, or the cockney, i.e. not very alien at all. It's basically all regionalism at this point.

It's real chill of him to be like that.

It's not something that has gone away to presume they're all just uniformly okay with it. Even the Americans and Canadians aren't free of it either, there is just a sense that state lines are sovereign or people from that province being hooligans that you can get a feel for if you live anywhere for a little while. You can do a poll of the British people and they'll tell you they're all blended with commonalities and shit but you look at the towns and it tells an entirely different story. Some town you got all the people playing the same sports attending the same church and they'll have nothing in common with the people in the neighbouring town; then you go two towns over and it's an entire same town with the same sport and same church and it's like you've known them forever.

It remains important to get the terms right because it avoids looking like a total twat in front of those people. Personally, I avoid using any term besides "British" and try not to ever apply any label at all because I can't distinguish accents for shit so I don't want to fuck up mistaking an Australian for someone from the UK.

You just know