Is Blade Runner 2049 not actually well received by a lot of fans because I keep seeing this opinion asserted from BR...

Is Blade Runner 2049 not actually well received by a lot of fans because I keep seeing this opinion asserted from BR fans.

Attached: sjshvsvdvskzjzbsbshshx.jpg (1080x705, 107.99K)

Razorfish calling anything pretentious is very silly.

To accept Villeneuve as a quality director is to garb yourself in a coat of hot pockets and video games and then writhe around on the ground in a supermarket while screeching and slapping yourself on the sides of your head. He is cheeto dust. Nothing more. Nothing more than a hack, a useful tool for studios to trot out to say "Hey, we're making art house!" I cannot wrap my head around the adulation he receives, let alone the wide praise this has got. The film trudges from set piece to set piece, leaves us no real questions or anything to think about really. The same bullet that kills a capeshit fan will also kill the Villeneuve and Paul Thomas Anderson fan. They come from the same root, from the same doritos stained console. They are frauds, and as a warrior of cinema it's my duty to expose the fakes and the inauthentic when I see them. I will fight with crawls and teeth until the last imposter is fallen to the ground I have about as much respect for denis villeneuve as I do for the dogshit on my shoe. It is reddit. It is video game hot pocket. It is capeshit. It is cheeto dust. I'm literally screaming right now and slamming my arms down on my desk just thinking about it. Imagine sitting next to an Villeneuve fan. The smell as he rubs the cheeto dust into his body in preparation for viewing his "based" movie. The flutter of his fedora as he tips ecstatically as Deakins pans shots in great numbers like one of his video game cutscenes. The sound of him vibrating at the hot pocket resonance every time "based" meme actor is on screen. It is the most depraved video game infantilized manchild degeneracy. It is saturday morning cartoon. It is non-neurotypicality. It is memes. It is video game. It is tarantino. It is imdb. It is coca-cola puberty. it is axe body spray. it is a white stain on boxer shorts. it is arri alexa hot dog caffeine on disney channel.

it's a great film in its own right but when you watch them back to back you realize the original is vastly superior.

i think they both stand on their own as two of the best sci fi films of all time, but only once can be considered the best sequel of all time

no shit. the original is one of the greatest films ever made.
but 2049 is kino af and you couldn't ask for a better sequel than what we got

>Rëdditfist
Who cares?

Please tell me this is a copy pasta

It's a bad movie, full of plot holes, bad acting and breaks a lot of Cyberpunk rules, but I love it. I've only seen it 3 times since it came out, but I always want to come back to it.

It kind of shits on the original a bit in terms of lore, and you can definitely tell they were going after the capeshit/reddit audience. I don't think it's bad, but it does not carry the same depth as the first one, despite Villeneuve's intentions.

The longer one waits to make a sequel, the higher the expectations. BR2049 is a fine movie, it's not as good as the original, but is still fine. But because it's a sequel to a beloved classic, simply being a fine movie isn't enough.

>full of plot holes
?

I don't find it to be much more pretentious than the original, which is to say it's not very pretentious at all

What are the plot holes? I only watched it once a while back and it was before I watched the original, so I may not have noticed any.

,2049 was meh. Anons here only like it because "Goosling character is literally me".

I loved it, but including Deckard was unnecesary. It should have been a new character. Also cucking K from the last scene was a terrible choice. The movie should have ended with him dying in the snow. If they wanted to show Deckard meeting his daughter they could have included it as the second to last scene, but not as the last one.

I have watched Bladerunner many times but I can never remember anything about it. BR2049 gets right everything the original gets wrong. Don't @ me.

>ourguy
>reditfist
hello angry joe

Blade Runner is reddit. 2049 is Any Forums. If you prefer the original you need to return.

Attached: 1570127619190.jpg (1200x700, 347.03K)

>movie is meh people only like it because it has a compelling and engaging protagonist
you say that like it's a bbad thing

Razor is definitely up his own ass when it comes to his own opinions. He's extremely obnoxious and half of the time without the expertise or credit to back it up.

I like his content but he speaks with such righteous indignation that anybody dare to question him

What does Pissed Pedro have to do with Daniel being a faggot?

Attached: middle-aged-man-in-thought-handsome-good-looking-senior-inquisitive-B8XHCK.jpg (863x1390, 128.9K)

2049 is better than BR.

>one of the greatest sci fi films ever made

It’s just alright. Art design is incredible but the book’s schizo babble is superior

There’s nothing pretentious about 2049.

the first falls apart with everything but the visuals, world and rutger hauer

>Cuck: the movie
>Based

Isn't that the middlingly popular "AVGN knockoff" genre reviewer that is still doing that retarded schtick

If 2049 is pretentious, so is the original. That's all I'm gonna say.

It must be horrible to be such a tastelet.

Not him, but the bitch not killing the Goose when she had the chance and just left him in Vegas to come back and foil everything. Stupid.

harrison ford isnt that great in the role, he is kinda weird and goofy. also the whole funhouse doll aesthetic that takes over half the climax is odd and out of place.

A person is free to like 2049 as much as they like but it's pretty incongrous with the original. It's must more melodramatic and almost capeshit-esque, given how Niander Wallace was basically a cyberpunk version of Lex Luthor. I think what Denis did is much easier to pull off than what Ridley and the original crew did, and I write that as someone who takes issue with Ridley's insisting on making Deckard's nature ambigious.

while I agree it did feel very contrived, she was fascinated with him, almost in... luv with him.

but yeah it could have been written in a way that made the situation more believable

Yes it is, only a minority of hardcore only old is good crowd that hate everything new especially when its better than the original hate it

Fuck this dude, there's video of his "BASED MESTIZO mommy gf" putting him in his place after he got jealous that she hung out with her friends. He tries to be intimidating and talk her down but she's not having any of it. Not to mention that Raz0rfist allowed her to make an Onlyfans.

I feel like it's a more popular opinion that 2049 is the better movie.

2049 could have been much more memorable without leto. I dont know if people realize how much stronger the film could have been with a good actor in the role. Leto somehow figured out how both over-act AND be boring at the same time.

>2049 is capeshit
Absolute retard opinion. I don't know a single person who actually finished 2049 because, supposedly, it was too long and humourless and there weren't enough action sequences.