Am I right in thinking this show is shit so far...

Am I right in thinking this show is shit so far? I think it’s helped on by the fact that Rings of Power is even worse and both shows are in a bit of a rivalry

Attached: 988027F0-1378-449A-9547-3BD22D187C6E.jpg (1296x1920, 2.37M)

Everything about it is pretty damn awful. The writing, acting, sets, costumes, effects, it's all just objectively bad, and it makes no sense considering HBO must've made billions from its previous GOT show alone.

Nah it's good
Probably about to become great

samefag and netflix shill?? ewwww

>objectively
Its your opinion, and a bad one with no merit, so fuck off fag.

It's a daytime soap opera with dragons and a few swordfights. If you don't like soap operas you're not going to be able to hang with the scene after scene of boring melodrama. None of the storylines and locations and pacing of GoT is a part of this show.

Soon as the wife started playing like the brother was lying about hooking up w the girl I literally stood up from the couch and said "nope that's it I'm done" and walked out of the living room leaving my gf upset and asking what's wrong. I'm actually genocidallly sick at this point of absolutely every facet of modern entertainment being an absolute demoralization psy op waste of time. Sage

i like mat smith and milky allcock but the plot is very dull. crabman just stood around looking creepy and he's done now, what a waste. also the blacks can't act, main black is tolerable but the young one(his nephew?) holy fuck did they just pull and random nog off the street

I'm enjoying it. Since it's the first season and they NEED it to work, every scene is deliberately written and shot, unlike post season 3 game of thrones.
I don't really care about the overarching plot, but some of the minor stuff is interesting to me.
I went back and watched an episode of GOT and it's hilarious how fucking terrible Emilia is compared to Millie

The main problem is it doesn't have a plot. Every episode meanders and nothing happens. I do think it's well written, shot and acted but they never gave a reason why we should care about anything that's happening. Remember GOT's opening scene with the White Walkers? That set the stage and pulled you in. This show doesn't have anything like that. It seems pointless.

>That set the stage and pulled you in. This show doesn't have anything like that.
danny will be born in 172 years

I am entertained by it but it lacks everything that made the first few seasons of game of thrones so enjoyable - great dialogue, intriguing plot twists, shock factor moments, not any character as entertaining as Tyrion for example. Somewhat disappointing

it's a lot more focused and lower stakes than GoT was

no refunds

>The main problem is it doesn't have a plot. Every episode meanders and nothing happens.
Yes, just like soap operas.

>Me walking out of my own living room when he bent the knee

Not a single likeable character in the whole damn thing

Attached: 46F63348-96D9-4FAF-A9DF-A824267431EB.png (322x774, 224.33K)

GoT chad
>last dragon person coming for the crown
>wealthiest clan trying to take over the world while hiding their incest
>messiah of fire prophecy
>ancient ice zombies

HotD virgin
>an old king that doesn't know what he wants
>a bratty daughter with daddy issues
>an envious loser uncle

You can't even compare them. If this new show wasn't part of the same GoT universe no one would watch or talk about it.

It's like a family drama turning into a huge civil war. You're not gonna enjoy fucking each other over in the most horrible ways unless you know all the characters and their relations.

Thousands will die, many dragons will die, eventually out of all the characters you see now (and haven't seen) only one will survive. So yeah, it was a big deal.

>It's like a family drama turning into a huge civil war.
Between people who none of the audience likes or cares about.

well too fucking bad no one will be around to watch it by then

It's not mindblowing but it's competently made in terms of character writing, and I like the worldbuilding and sets.
Lots of shots given to little slices of the medieval world they live in - it actually feels like you're seeing a living breathing fantasy world.

The weirdly dressed black actors still look fucking stupid, and the CGI is kinda meh but the other characters make up for it.
Also it has longboy.

Attached: caraxes.jpg (1920x1080, 195.94K)

They gave dragons saddles finally. That's the only thing this shitty soap opera is good for.