Why was Squid Game so popular? Does the whole world really like watching kdramas now?

Why was Squid Game so popular? Does the whole world really like watching kdramas now?

Attached: 615492e6b414c1001862ee6b.jpg (2000x1333, 258.37K)

It was new, different, and interesting. Also, it wasn't a remake full of niggers for no discernible reason. Also also, Netflix doesn't have to tell the truth about viewership numbers and the media are notorious for lying and trying to guide culture through astroturfing. Make of it all what you will.

>Why was Squid Game so popular?
Normie herd mentality at work. One normie with enough traction says something positive about it, and the next thing you know every other retard with a tiktok or youtube channel is praising the fuck out of it for fear of being left out of what's trending. And of course it helps that Netflix did its fair share of shilling too

good writing and an interesting premise two things western audiences are basically starved for at this point

Cause its foreign but not too foreign

The game aspect of it gave it a wide appeal to other demographics like gamers and gameshow/reality show watchers, plus it was extremely memeable, they literally gamefied it too.

test

>It was new, different, and interesting.
Oh please the Japanese have beaten the concept to death by now. Ever heard of Liar Game, Battle Royale, or Kaiji? Stop being such a clueless pleb

He meant to say:
Chink dick good
BBC Bad

Attached: 220.jpg (1241x1301, 106.31K)

Those are for weebs, and Japanese are too autistic to make their live action stuff truly work whilst the Koreans have figured out how to do live action, at least somewhat, 90% of kdramas are still too autismo too

It repackaged the killing game idea for an audience that didnt experience it before
I'm surprised it was a one-off and didn't start a new wave

It's literal plagiarism of Kaiji but without animuh.

It's weird that audiences are only now watching Korean films and shows, when all the best stuff was made like 15 years ago. I guess it's because of streaming.

The simpplicity of the games, which meant pretty much everyone could understand them, pretty eye catching pastel colors, a tense story with real stakes, and a pretty relatable and memorable cast. It's not the greatest, but it is good enough and all those aspects made a perfect cocktail for viral sucess. I don't think Netfllix had even one iota of how perfect a mix that was, to be honest I still think they don't. If I was them, I'd be throwing a fuckton of money at the creator and telling him to make me 20 more shows just like that, forget all the YA garbage and shit adaptations.

test

I refuse to watch it on principle.
The principle of hating orientals.

How come real asians are actually attractive or charming on their own but asian americans are such charisma vacuums? Like I see the samsung dude here and think he does look handsome, or the North Korean looks alluring, but I see that fucking Shang Shi dude and he looks so fucking goofy to me, I can't take him seriously.

>It was new, different, and interesting.
It was none of these

>Ever heard of Liar Game, Battle Royale, or Kaiji?

N O

alright nigger what you consider new and interesing then, lawd dem rangz?

That's just fucking dumb, and you should kill yourself
I thought it was just stupid, to begin with. Has anyone noticed that America just jumps from one country to another for media? In the late 90s and 2000s, it was japan and then china, and now Korea. I do not like Korean shit because we've already seen it from other countries. I mean, this was a battle royal with adults instead of kids.

I started it out of boredom last week and was pleasantly surprised with how interesting I found it. Idk why, it's just cool. They'll probably fumble S2 now losing sight of what made S1 so good.

I'd rather watch korean shits than burger ones. Burger movies are full of niggers, faggots and jews while korean ones are ethnically homogeneous, the wrong ethnicity, but still homogeneous.

because Hollywood is on the decline and it's not going to get any better (sorry but I have no interest in ugly black lesbians, troons woke revisionism of history, badly written masculine female characters, and preachy shit, Hollywood). Yet, people are still starving for good entertainment so I believe K-drama are going to become more and more popular unless amerifarts put their grubby end on them and force them to "wokify" their products.

>they figured out
Oh like you mean having a budget so high that Nerflix are the top donators of the Democratic party in California?

>zero hype for season two
>literally zero discussion online
>daily google search lower and lower
>actors already crying in instagram asking for gigs

REAL AND ORGANIC HYPE BTW
REAL AND LEGIT VIEWERS COUNT BTW
SANSUMG AND HYOUNDAI HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT BTW
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE SQUID GAMES

because in Korea, theyr cast them on actual beauty, talent and charisma.
Meanwhile in the US they get there though connections ?

just a theory