What's the zoomer equivalent of Superbad?

what's the zoomer equivalent of Superbad?

Attached: mclovin.jpg (480x360, 11.75K)

Booksmart

has there even been an unfunny youth comedy coming-of-age movie in the past 10 years?

Superbad

Logan paul

these kinds of comedies died out in the early 2010’s, probably because they were all just low rate Superbad’s

Project X

Contemporary culture is hyperfragmented and the only unified youth culture is a handful of videogames and the platforms on which they consume short videos. This sort of generational film touchstone is dead and probably never coming back

>Project X
the oldest zoomers were 14 when this came out and the youngest were 0. I don't think so.

Some 10 second tiktok video. Zoomers don't watch films

there have barely been any comedy films, period, in the last 10 years

Bodies Bodies Bodies

Ice Poseidon streams

Yeah this. Modern pop culture is this weird mixture of being completely homogenous (people are NPCs and entertainment companies are big more than ever) and yet at the same time it's all decentralized and fragmented, there are no youth cultural movements, no pop culture or "town square" everyone goes to.

not totally familiar with how american generational divides works but zoomers are people born between 1996 to 2010 if I understand it correctly, so for the oldest zoomers it's probably something released around 2010 - 2015
but I don't know if any decent coming of age comedies were released then

Attached: EvJy3f3UUAkqwun.jpg (1069x2047, 177.2K)

Even though it's a tv show and not a movie, Euphoria.

Zoomers watched Superbad too, I can't actually think of a popular R-rated high school comedy that came out after 21 Jump Street.

Comedy is too offensive.

Superbad
Teenagers today still watch it

>unfunny

Superbad made millennials PISS AND SHIT themselves with laughter. I remember. I watched it in theatre (USA) and I also thought it was the height of comedy.

Umm...comedy is problematic.

It varies between 96 and 97.

2000s comedies:
>American Pie
>Dodgeball
>Eurotrip
>Anchorman
>Yes Man
>Superbad
>Pineapple Express
>Semi Pro
>Blades of Glory
>Borat
>Bruno
>Tropic Thunder
>Step Brothers
>Team America
>Napoleon Dynamite
>Hot Fuzz
>Death at a Funeral

2010s comedies:
>Kick Ass
>21 Jump Street
>Death of Stalin
>???

What happened in the 2010s, I literally cannot think of any popular of iconic comedies that came out.

> Contemporary culture is hyperfragmented

That's just another way of saying it doesn't exist.

> the only unified youth culture is

The heavily commercialized and media controlled LGBT and you could actually make a pretty funny comedy about a bunch of flag waving teens who change their sexuality and pronouns every week.

That movie that came out a few years ago called IDK good boys or something like that was decently funny
Nothing great and I cant remember it but I do remember thinking it was decent

Nice Guys?

That was written by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg who did Superbad, it was meant to be like an edgier version of Superbad. I never saw it though, it looked too Jewish.

Jump Street 2
My name is jeff

>This sort of generational film touchstone is dead and probably never coming back
As much as I hate most Hollywood crap, there is something depressing about culture not being this unified anymore. I took for granted that there were a handful of movies that you could bring up to a stranger your age and they'd know exactly what you were talking about.

I was watching Ronin last night (great film) and there's a little throwaway scene where Deniro and Reno are questioning some frog mechanic and make a reference to Dr. Zhivago (referring to the big coats and hats the russians wear)
Such a small thing, but a young person wouldn't understand what you are talking about. Reference anything from the most basic biblical references and metaphors, to big-budget cultural touchstone films- it's all gone. How do you have a culture without any shared literary allusions

Just reference a superhero.