Humbling

Wtf do celebrities mean when they say they are "humbled" to win an award? Why the fuck would that be humbling? Shouldn't winning an award be the opposite of humbling?

Attached: article-0-0DF8DFE600000578-591_468x544.jpg (468x544, 50.57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E_eHmzFIp1E&t=142s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's never made sense to me either. Their egos go out of control once they win an emmy or an oscar.

Actors are very stupid people

They pretend to think thay highly of the award because it can help their career.

The right word is "honored" which is similar in a way to "humbled". Actors are so illiterate that they literally confuse both. when they say humbled they really mean honored

Did you niggers rob this from a Guardian article?

>the opposite
exactly. they are not honest people. it’s best to assume the opposite of whatever they’re saying is closer to the truth

You gotta say something.

It’s because they are all humbled by a massive bbc backstage to celebrate.

humbled means they are so showered with love that they don't feel worthy of it, but they will accept it with humility, to not be big headed and arrogant, it is an act of respect. when directors like cameron are like, yeah I fucking deserve this, on stage, it is absolutely disgusting breach of etiquette and social mores. if you win one of these, which I'm sure one of you will here no doubt... because the destiny of Any Forums 4channers is to win these things, you have to say, you are:

*humbled
*thank the people who got you to this point
*thank your fellow nominees, specifically

no politics, no autism (cow insemination, global warming), no emotion (will smith. it's just cringey to watch).

it's all about showing class and grace.

There's no need for the whole prostration route. Just acknowledge the cast+crew, say you're proud to have been a part of something special together, and thank your family/friends.

honestly the best award acceptance speech is a completely forgettable one. there are no good ones. every one is either a disaster or a nothingburger.

they're humbled because they remember how many dicks they had to serve

>there are no good ones.
*AHEM*
youtube.com/watch?v=E_eHmzFIp1E&t=142s

>THEY FUCK YOU WITH THE OSCARS
>OK OK OK OK OK OK

based

>(You) can do that when it's your turn

aspie idiots, you've got the 'tism

It's not like a sport where you beat opponents in a fair match of skill and strength, but in here they get chosen by other people, there's no objective goal they reached, they didn't score more points than their rivals, simply other people had the opinion that they were the best of that time frame, and they feel humbled because it was something given to them by people who recognized their effort.

Is there any celebrity who had a funny speech after winning an award? I think some comedic actor once said "I'm going to shove this up my ass tonight" or something after winning an emmy.

>they feel humbled
that’s what they say because that’s what you’re supposed to say but they definitely are not humble people

thats just gay propaganda

whoever that person was, the odds are pretty good that they weren’t joking