Why do people hate temple of doom so much?

why do people hate temple of doom so much?
>dark, pulpy colonial atmosphere
>great action scenes
>doesn't rely too much on humour like last crusade but is funny at times
>great cinematography and use of colours
>willie is an intentional homage to the damsels in distress of the old pulp stories and serials
Why do zoomers hate this film because of muh racism and muh sexist woman sidekick? haven't they read the original pulp stories that inspired indiana jones?

Attached: indiana_jones_bridge.jpg (620x368, 254.26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/elizabeth-olsens-five-favorite-films/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

willie and short round are both annoying as fuck

I've heard people say it wasn't true to the Jones character and it was like the script was written for someone else entirely
That might be true, but personally I love the movie

Nobody hates it. It's just genrally regarded as the weakest masterpiece of the trilogy.
Zoomers probably only know about Indy through meme, completely ignorant about the context.
He's a less developed as a character compared to the previous movie, as if the event happened in an earlier moment of his life.

>willie and short round are both annoying as fuck
When i was young, i played the Lego game of the triology, before i even watched the film. I hated the play-through of the second film, it was so tedious and annoying, using short round to get through small doors and using willie's screech to break glass to advance in the levels. Which is a funny paralell to the movie, it's also shit because of those two

oops, meant to reply to you, not OP

but I don't! It is my favourite Indie game.
It has so many iconic moments while I keep on forgetting what even happens in 1. 1 has that stupid
>don't look
ghost ending we are trapped to a pole which I find to be too stupid to tolerate. People whine about the interdimensional beings in 4 but 1 is equally stupid.
3 has it's moments but it is TOO GOOFY with haha wacky father.
Don't get me wrong 3 is great but they should have toned down the sillyness. For me 2 is amazing because it has all those iconic moments like the Han Solo bar, falling out of the crashing plane with a rubber boat and going down hill on it, the disgusting food scene, short round is cool, the evil voodoo shit, the epic cart chase which got copied >9000 times, that bridge scene.
It is a really good movie with a nice happy end. Like I said I don't even recall the ending of 1.

this movie and the odd cricket match used to be the only times we ever had to look at Indian people

Truth is theyre all kinna shit. Remember when he stays on that submarine as it goes from egypt to crete?

"Indyyyyyyyyyyy!!!"

*screech*

Attached: e74174c5b8651fe4-600x338.jpg (600x338, 68.58K)

This
That said I think Last Crusade is the best one
3 > 1 > 2 >>> 4

Attached: 1485684185721.png (379x440, 140.5K)

editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/elizabeth-olsens-five-favorite-films/
>Indiana Jones, that trilogy I just rewatched on a plane from a holiday I just took. I watched all three, and Temple of Doom just continues to win me over. I know; usually, people like The Last Crusade, and there’s a lot of love for Raiders, because it’s the original. But Temple of Doom is just, to me, so funny and entertaining and fun. And the kid from Goonies — Hot Shot? Short Round. He’s so funny, and I grew up with Goonies, but I prefer him in Indiana Jones.

Attached: 1492713732892.jpg (772x767, 175.85K)

>nazis are.. LE BAD
these movies are horrible

have sex

>muh sexist woman sidekick

Most realistic depiction of a woman in 40 years. No, she isn't going to tell you to step aside and then kick 20 guys asses at will, she's going to scream and cry and run and try to get you to not do risky things.

It really doesn't have the same vibe as Raiders or Crusade.

>Truth is theyre all kinna shit.
Your wrong opinion
>Remember when he stays on that submarine as it goes from egypt to crete?
Yes, so what? It wasn't underwater

My wife has equisite taste

It has the highest highs and the lowest lows of the trilogy. The temple scene with the ritual is the most intense scene in the series, but it was undisputably the weakest movie of the franchise until the 4th one was made.

>That said I think Last Crusade is the best one
>3 > 1 > 2
Yes, the best one of the Indiana Jones trilogy

People don't like it because it's pretty different from the other two

>until the 4th one was made.
It wasn't made

The only reason redditors like you don't like Crystal Skull because the villains are commies instead of le heckin evil nazis.