I don't get it, why wouldn't Disney just make a live action of Princess and the Frog? Has the best villain as well

I don't get it, why wouldn't Disney just make a live action of Princess and the Frog? Has the best villain as well

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 83.11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KcozzcMTzM8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Casting is a humiliation ritual for the lead actress and some of the cast members. If she survives she'll be part of the inner circle.

Because it flopped. Dunno why though, I saw it at the cinema with my dad when it came out and I liked it. We are both white btw.

Just make Tiana white next and it's all good.

Because they would need to cast Sadie Sink for the role and blacks wouldn’t like that.

Because humans are in it for about 5 minutes

No! Not like that.

>make live action of Princess and the Frog
>can't use "muh racism" as a shield against criticism
It is what it is p2kpkv

Attached: Screenshot from 2022-09-11 18-40-29.png (1360x768, 712.74K)

It came out at a really bad time for 2D animation. By the time Shrek came out, 2D animation started declining in popularity as it was quickly being replaced by CGI. Patf has really stunning animation, but was kind of seen as passé at the time. Tangled did way better and was generally perceived as more “modern.” People blame racism a lot for this, but I think the fact that it was 2D played a significant role in it’s relative failure. Other 2D movies around that time also performed quite poorly and now we’re stuck with the soulless style that is popular right now.

It failed because it has basically nothing going for it other than the villain. Disney was intentionally trying to get rid of 2D animation and they excused it by not putting any effort into their 2D movies and then said "well they flopped, oh well".

Reminder that this shit was also stolen from white people.

Attached: The Frog Princess.jpg (2400x836, 299.56K)

How the fuck are they gonna scam 30-40 year old consoomers out of the nostalgiadollars with a Princess and the Frog movie?

Yeah, like she should have been from the beginning.

Attached: The Frog Princess (Russian vs Amerimutt).jpg (2400x1242, 849.7K)

Well, after they finally rework splash mountain with screens, surely it'll be in the big leagues right?

The music was really good in this one and Raymond best character
youtube.com/watch?v=KcozzcMTzM8

I know it was, but the Disney version was black. So it wouldn't be racist to remake it in live action with a black actress. The Disney version of Little Mermaid was a blue eyed redhead so it was racist to make a live action of that with a race swap.

>tfw Disney's Frog Princess live action adaptation with a white ginger girl
My god, the reddit tears would be delicious.

because it flopped

they are in for an easy cash grab.

Agree with this

That story is old as fuck and universal, it makes sense to have a voodoo/Louisiana themed adaptation featuring black characters because the slate was blank. What doesn’t make sense is blackwashing existing and well-established characters that have been around for a long ass time. It’s like making Sonic a raccoon - of course people notice, of course people complain.

You went and saw a cartoon about a princess in the theater with your dad?

What age did your dad start molesting you?

>delicious brown qt wearing silky white gloves
I will now watch your movie

Attached: bridgerton-season-two-blog-de-hollywood.jpg (790x527, 71.81K)