Rings of Power

As someone who has a deep interest in writing in general, and not political agenda whatsoever with regards to television and media.

Why do I feel absolutely nothing about the characters in this show? What is it?

This should be basic writing stuff, no? I can't quite put my finger on it, but why does every character feel soulless and fake? I have no emotional attachment with any of them

Attached: 1647694471741.png (1280x720, 1.35M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zRTQN0d7e4Q?t=2380
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

OH LAWD DEM RANGS DO BE OF POWAH!

Attached: lawd10.jpg (2960x2968, 1.15M)

Because its a corporate advertisement. Its not meant as an artpiece or an expression. Its meant as a lure to get people to buy a subscription to Amazon Prime.

I've watched the House of the Dragon and, memes aside, that show can at least make you feel something about the characters. Why?

As the long deleted youtuber American Krogan has pointed out, men being men and women being women trigger deep instincts of interpretation in our brains. Our brains pay attention to race, sex, age, so judge the environment and relationships.

Why do you not feel anything? Because Galadriel is an easily irritated MAN in the shape of a woman and your brain has judged that such a weird shape of person isn't even worth your attention as a more fragile, sensible and likable woman. You don't care about the hideously looking mutt trying to race-mix with an aged masculine woman, because... it's an ugly mutt trying to race-mix with a masculine divorced woman. You don't care about Elrond, and effeminate man with no motive other than to follow orders, no evolutionary reason for your brain to pay attention to that. You don't care about the race-mixing hobbits because the cacophony of races, impractical customs, and silliness are so over the top that your evolutionary brain doesn't even make any sense of their society.

Attached: 1652029796738.jpg (576x288, 35.66K)

It's not for you, it's for the 3rd world to watch on their counterfeit smart watches

Because the GURM is involved. Even when they BLACK characters or change things because of Jewlywood. Atleast the core of the characters remain because the author has a hand in the process. ROP is just corporate greed pissing on the legacy of someone. And its so painfully clear what they're doing while no one can stop them sullying his works.

Now contrast that with the "these are no soldiers" scene from the Two Towers.

youtu.be/zRTQN0d7e4Q?t=2380

Race, ethnicity, sex, age, and even attractiveness are KEY elements to have the surrounding tell a message with no direct lines from the extras. This little exchange would be IMPOSSIBLE with the raceless sexless nonsense.

That is patently untrue though. This is for white liberal women. Third worlders who love LOTR are seething with the best.

This is true, but I will reduce it by saying
>just b urself

I felt the same, watched 3 episodes in a row and can't remember a single name, maybe Galadriel just because of the movie

Does anyone who has watched the first three episodes know what the overarching plot is? Within the first five minutes of FOTR, we know that there is some evil ring that wasn't destroyed but that needs to be destroyed. Within the first hour, we learn how the ring is going to be destroyed.
Is the adventure clearly laid out?
I imagine if Amazon made the LOTR trilogy to be a series, the whole first season would only be about the prologue from FOTR.

I don't like the show either but it seems like we dislike it for different reasons.

>i will make any excuse possible except the one that matters the most

Attached: rape4.jpg (504x553, 35.11K)

In Rings of Powers, you have each character in their own bubble interacting with boring NPCs and doing things; whereas in House of the Dragon, all the characters interact with each other,

Here's a tip: Characters are not just people with a unique set of D&D dice roll characteristics. You don't just watch/read stories for just 'characters', you are watching it to see interactions BETWEEN characters. ie. Relationships. That's why the 'odd couple' thing works, antagonistic brothers fighting for the throne, father/son dynamic, father/daughter, brother/sister, two friends, three friends, team of heroes, love triangles, the straight man being a relatively boring fuck surrounded by eccentric weirdos, etc.

Not only are these Rangz characters bad in and of themselves, they also don't interact like "human beings", and have weird disconnected conversations where they are basically talking past one another. They are all in their own little world with their own little narcissistic in-their-own-head problems or chip on their shoulder, logically disconnected to anything you actually see happen or experience emotionally. One of the consequences of violating 'show don't tell'. Like remember how great it was being TOLD about what great friends Obi-Wan and Anakin were and that time they fell into that nest of gundarks?

This is the major problem with the Justice League and why you felt nothing when Superman finally shows up to beat Steppenwolf. Compare that to everyone giving Captain America a ribbing about his objection to their "language", coordinating their attacks, shooting the shit, and even combining and using their powers interactively, reacting to what the others do, etc. eg. Ant-Man just doesn't turn big and rip a plane wing off. Ant-Man turns giant and Spider-man exclaims, "Holy Shit!", Stark asks if anyone has any other fantastic powers he should know about, etc.

By contrast Admiral Holdo lecturing Poe relates to nothing and nobody. It's not a 'real' character interaction, that's why it doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

You don’t feel irritation and contempt for this Galadriel?

Ha. Didn't even see your post before I responded user with this post: Nor have I watch the Rangz beyond a few clips. I just know what how these kinds of faggots roll, and can smell it a mile away, so thanks for confirming.

Also even if OP was a Rangz writer looking for free advice to course correct, they wouldn't understand what we're talking about, because they are mentally incapable of ever 'getting it' and would still manage to fuck it up.

My biggest issue with Galadriel is, well... everything.

She doesn't behave like an immortal being. She does not conduct herself in a gracefull manner, a manner that characterises elves in the Tolkien's legendarium.

She conducts herself in an impulsive and childish manner. It's cringe and ruins any suspension of disbelief.

Attached: 1649153294634.jpg (680x408, 34.57K)

The entire hobbit non hobbits arc is fucking cringe and unnecessary.

They are taking way too long to make the characters connect.

>Characters are not just people with a unique set of D&D dice roll characteristics.

This. LARPING, rpg video games and D&D killed people's ability to write characters. Double that when you're writing literal fan fiction

I feel the same way. The show itself is so boring that I actually skipped the third episode's scenes with galadriel. Nothing makes any sense at all because all interactions with her are one sided and embarrassing to watch. I'm only interested in maybe one story line so far and that's it. None of the actors even convinced me that they were playing their roles correctly. What a mess. That's not even bringing into account that they say the show is supposed to reflect real life so they can use black actors but then backtrack when they say the portrayal of dirty folk as irish and stupid folk as scottish was not how the world works. Like which one is it nigga you said all this shit yourself and now say it's not actually like that. I dropped the show after the 3rd episode

Because the diversity hires who made it only had black pypoo and ray-cism in mind and at no point things like good writing, good acting, lord of the rings or Tolkien crossed their racist incompetent mind.
You feel nothing because it' not art