/film/

Thread for the discussion of arthouse and classic cinema.

Dead communists edition

>/film/ literature
mega.nz/folder/OVIDlQTJ#7L4e8TGqNnbJEFqQzaf8lw
>/film/ charts
mega.nz/folder/87xyiJZ#3B2eXe2lmN2KbFNNEagggQ
>/film/ directors directory
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qgdYsMPAaFWrAa_7EHLpXqpOHLaDLmytM9wJ5nhGtqs/edit?usp=sharing
>FAQ
pastebin.com/W1ja9dwp

previous:

Attached: pearl-button-the-2015-006-button-fused-to-prisoners-rail_0.jpg (1000x537, 81.71K)

I watched the second part of Olympia last night. still very good, but not quite on the same level as the first part. I think a lot of the sports in this second part just weren't my cup of tea

Attached: ffc33bc65e5cf148a0d5c1c4b7a43b01.jpg (736x1104, 75.14K)

Attached: Burn in hell, Godard.png (1273x509, 1.3M)

Fuck /film/ in all cases.

Based Godard

Daily reminder Godard posted on /film/ telling us about his death. Dude was a troll to the end and liked the autists here.

you're just not gay enough

time to start watching nazi musicals

Attached: frau.meiner.traume.1944.webm (800x582, 2.74M)

He was trying to tell us.
It was him
Godard posted on /film/ and was a regular here. He loved to snap at yoy and cuss you out. He dropped cryptic funny messages like this.

Attached: 44B07B70-C1DA-43CA-A81A-86C1697EB1A5.jpg (1256x180, 105.88K)

Yes it was him. In the last years of his life Marlon Brando posted on Any Forums getting into internet arguments.

The one flaw with this theory is he doesn't speak in english, he's french. Why would he go to an american forum instead of a french one?

Yeah seriously. It would be like Jackie Chan posting on /film/. Chinese nigga aint even 100 miles from here.

Name one film

Attached: 1662283065055519.jpg (976x850, 57.91K)

It was him. I just have that feeling. He was posting about Godard dying then he dies a day later. It was his goodbye to us. A troll to the end. He loved the people not the establishment. He joined us.

>/film/ director sheet
Why would someone just destroy a great list of directors like that?

Brutal

>you're just not gay enough
funnily enough, the "gay" parts, ie. the opening, the training montage, gymnastics, swimming, and diving, were my favorite parts of the film because of the way Riefenstahl, or whoever was behind the camera, shot those parts. it was the other sports like football (soccer), field hockey, all the horse events, etc. that were starting to bore me. the sports just weren't very interesting to me, and they weren't shot in a way to make them any more interesting than just watching the sport

well...why did you do it?

I watched and enjoyed Walkabout dumontfag.

Attached: schrader.godard.jpg (749x610, 235.02K)

>GUYS, THE BEST WAY I CAN DESCRIBE HIM IS HE IS LIKE... BOB... FREAKIN'... DYLAN!!!!!
>ZOOMERS AND BOOMERS SAT BACK GASPING
>WHOOOOOOOA
>YOU KNOW ALL THEM BOOMER SONGS?
>YEAH!
>YOU KNOW HOW THEY WERE LIKE, FOLK MUSAK THEN HE... PLUGGED IN THE ELECTRIC! GODARD IS LIKE... THAT
>OOOOOOOOOHHH NOWWWW I GET IT.
>YOU KNOW HOW BOB DYLAN SHOCKED THE WORLD BY BECOMING A CHRISTIAN?
>THATS LIKE GODARDS MAOIST PERIOD
>WOWWWWWWW, OK NOW I GET IT
>REMEMBER ALL THEM LYRICS BOB DYLAN WROTE?
>YYYEEEEAAH....
>THATS LIKE GODARD.
>REMEMBER WHEN BOB DYLAN, KANYE WEST, AND SHIA LABEOUF SHOCKED THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD, BY BECOMING CHRISTIAN FOLLOWERS OF CHRIST.
>JEAN LUC FRIGGIN GODARD

Yeah they can't seem to avoid namedropping that jew bob dylan with godards legacy. such a low IQ association

The top ten directors in world cinema:

Bergman
Tarkovsky
Bresson
Kurosawa
Fellini
Kubrick
Ford
Welles
Godard
Spielberg

only Spielberg is the last living legend.

Why the fuck would Spielberg be on that list? He's a faggot making entertainment like George Lucas or Snyder.

Attached: B8521D09-56F0-42F0-93B1-440AC090E777.jpg (897x766, 121.21K)

So why the fuck did Godard do it? just one last cry for attention?

>he hasn't seen War Horse

Tired of modern life bullshit, he's just like us

it is hard to know the psychology of someone that age. but it is probably because he wanted to stick out long as he was cognitively himself. he noticed himself fading, harder to take care of things, and checked out before it got really bad.

its kind of fucked up old people are on their own about stuff like this.

>he didnt slept with a girl until he started balding
bladbros..