Explain why you dislike Wes Anderson without using the word "Reddit"

Explain why you dislike Wes Anderson without using the word "Reddit".

Attached: Wes_Anderson-20140206-85.jpg (470x705, 126.01K)

His films are pretentious and not particularly deep or as smart as the people that watch them like to believe.

dishonest

>pretentious
this

His movies have drifted much more toward cloying, shallow cutesy style over substance, rather than thoughtful and endearing, with characters you can identify with.

Pretentiousness disguised as quirkiness without any depth

Reddit

unfortunately i do not dislike wes anderson movies. isle of dogs is his best creation.

what? I love him.

Anderson movies are well crafted and run like a well oiled machine, but there's just something about them that screams style over substance. I can never get invested much because there's so much emphasis on the eye-candy aesthetic that it's distracting. Grand Budapest Hotel comes to mind, I don't really remember a single thing except the colour pink and immaculate lighting.

I still don't know what people mean when they say "it's reddit". I have a vague concept of what they mean but I can't define it. What makes something "reddit"?

Made to appeal to the reddit crowd. The Reddit crowd loves self-referencing low brow shlock for the irony of it. They also love absurd situations and incredibly cringy "so bad it's funny xDD" puns. Also upvote culture, anything that's designed in a way to be quoteable and easily shareable through a meme medium like screencaps with captions etc.

You: Reddit
Me: Not Reddit (cool)

So reddit is really not much different than Any Forums then?

Wrong, that's the premise of the virgin-vs-chad meme. Same template.

>I like X (I'm a chad)
>You like X (you're a virgin)

you reminded me its almost that time of the year to watch fantastic mr fox

Reddit.

Bourgeoisie

I like Wesley Wales Anderson.
>His mother, Texas Ann (Burroughs), is an archaeologist turned real estate agent
How does this happen?

All the quirkyness is genuinely tiring. It doesn't give you time to breathe.

He's one of my favourite directors.
And he's one of the best reasons to get a Disney+ subscription as all but two of his films are on Disney+.
He's clearly too good for Disney+, but most of his films are somehow there.

Before the 90's you could basically get into any work field without education on it so yes.

Digg

The term has aged since a lot of reddit users migrated here during GamerGate and the first Trump campaign, but it means stuff that circa 2010 reddit would like.

>with characters you can identify with.
>MUH IDENTIFICATION
Opinion disregarded

His films feel a bit same-y and they definitely are pretentious.

I watched Steve Zissou with my dad two days ago and while hte movie looked nice it was soo fucking boring and the characters had barely any emotions

>He's one of my favourite directors.
Spotted the gay.

His film are quite superficial and empty, but like most american films really.

No american film can touch me emotionally, you lack depth, as human beings i mean (being cuck NPCs with a mutilated dick at birth, being feed GMOs and all that).