Star Wars IX

Was Palpatine actually needed to come back?

Attached: star-wars-day-10-1620142203284.jpg (1291x864, 286.81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/StarWarsCantina/comments/hgihyo/foreshadowing_of_palpatines_return_in_the_sequel/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No
>Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy has claimed it was always the plan to bring back Palpatine in the third film of the new “Star Wars” trilogy, but some fans are skeptical that’s the case, considering Palpatine’s return was not threaded into “The Force Awakens.” Colin Trevorrow, who was hired to direct “The Rise of Skywalker” before dropping out due to creative differences, told Empire magazine Palpatine was never a factor in his development of the movie.

“Bringing back the Emperor was an idea J.J. brought to the table when he came on board,” Trevorrow said. “It’s honestly something I never considered. I commend him for it. This was a tough story to unlock, and he found the key.”

was Star Wars IX actually needed to be made?

Was the lastjedi a good conclusion?

The movie felt like AI generated it.

did the original 3 movies needed to be made?

The sequels were a waste of everyone's time on only served to transfer wealth to the Jews.

actually this

No, but it's basically what famboys demanded when they cried about Snoke dying

After TLJ, yes. The problem was that no-one could take Kylo Ren seriously, so he couldn't be the main antagonist. I suppose you could have put any old Sith in Exegol, but Palpy was the best choice because TFA and TLJ weren't made with the foreknowledge of TRoS, so they couldn't build up say, Darth Plagueis.

reddit.com/r/StarWarsCantina/comments/hgihyo/foreshadowing_of_palpatines_return_in_the_sequel/

Knights of Ren led by REN returning from Unknown Regions to reclaim the first order would've worked

/thread

Rian Johnson killed off Snoke and made Kylo a Twilight character so JJ felt like he needed a big bad for a dramatic villain. was a dumb idea though.

The main problem is JJ set up the story with TFA, then Rian "subverted expectations" by deliberately nuking all the plot threads it set up to make a message. JJ got mad and retconned everything TLJ set up. It was a huge mess.

hitler was trans

Mickey Mouse pulled his ass as wide open as possible and evacuated a magic kingdom's wort of sweltering hot rotten cheese anal dumpage onto a once beloved IP and we will never get the stink out. It wasn't a nice clean log, either. It was one of those wet oily ones that makes the toilet look like a Jackson Pollock painting.

Attached: bt93v2b09rb61.jpg (900x611, 37.7K)

Honestly kind of; Rian did away with characters, side stories, and intrigue with an executioner’s precision. Rey gives up on Kylo, metaphorically closing the door on him and Leia says the Resistance has all it needs. Story done, just assume the resistance wins offscreen since nothing is left to develop or conclude

>This was a tough story to unlock, and he found the key.”

Attached: laughingevans.jpg (540x293, 48.4K)

A resurrected semi-immortal Snoke (regardless of being Darth Plagueis or not) seems like the obvious choice to me if I had to make an IX and I really wonder why they didn’t go with it

No, Kylo should be the main antagonist. You could make a tragic ending with Rey being forced to kill him or something.

Palpatine as the main villain was the worst possible option.

I wonder what would've happened if they kept JJ for all 3 movies, maybe gave people an extra year before shooting to really polish the script, while I enjoyed the last jedi it does feel like it threw a monkey wrench on the whole trilogy.

Iger wanted IX to release in 2019, he wanted to have 3 big features in 2019 to set him as the big guy at Disney for life after retirement. Or he knew about the pandemic.

After Snoke was killed so easily in TLJ I don't know if he would have been a good antagonist.

I mean SW is already such a cult they'll keep making money with minimal effort but if they really gave a couple years or more for each movie while keeping the director and writting team they could've really pulled off the "disney saved star wars" and milk that cash cow for alot more and for alot longer.

Do movies need to be made?

I found pictures of treatments for VIII and IX online many years ago; they were written on pink paper and had a lot of misspellings so I don’t know if they were legit or not. Nevertheless they were credited to JJ and I haven’t been able to find them whatsoever since then
They absolutely sucked but there are some weird similarities. Luke was originally hiding on the island to protect his family but got trapped by a spell Snoke cast. Snoke was trying to resurrect Palpatine on a planet that was Exegol in all but name but had a lot of bizarre flesh motives - Snoke is described as crawling out of a meditation pod that looks like a womb. Kylo was supposed to be a sleeper agent for Luke but got in too deep and fell to the dark side. He kills Snoke eventually - by flying a ship through Snoke’s.
Where’s Rey, you ask? Her mind gets fucking teleported back in time to possess a Sith Princess named Talstan Lyt and she just basically tries to find a spell to send herself back to the sequel era so she can ultimately dogfight against Snoke’s TIEs iirc. The era is Old Republic in name alone - no EU ships or characters are even mentioned and all the new characters are generic and forgettable
Again, no idea if it was legit, and it seems even worse than JJ’s usual, but there’s just enough weirdness about it to make me wonder

Iger killed John Carter box office with the marketing because it was from the previous leadership, he used that to buy lucasfilm

Defeatable but unkillably inevitable guy who wears you down through attrition could be an interesting fight dynamic. That said, I’ve basically just recreated Darth Sion

No, Kylo was totally set up to be the main villain which was good because he was a newly developed and great character and not some old device they already used

Anything over Palpatine would've been better. Kylo Ren as the main villain, hell even a resurrected Snoke would've made more sense. Also turning Rey into a Palpatine when she was originally planned to be a Kenobi really fucked up a lot of the dynamic they set up in TFA.