Can someone explain to me why the fuck this abortion exists...

Can someone explain to me why the fuck this abortion exists? Did William Zabka let pedowood Hollywood producers run a train on his ass when he was a teenager and somehow had the foresight to record it, then used it as blackmail to get this masturbatory tripe greenlit? I mean, was he THAT assblasted that people didn't like him because he played a bad guy that he had to create a sequel series that basically said Johnny was the real protagonist in Karate Kid?

Attached: Screenshot 2022-09-14 2.37.48 AM.png (433x569, 402.8K)

It's fun.

Attached: 96576456735.jpg (657x527, 62.04K)

He saw that "Daniel is the real villain of Karate Kid" video on Youtube

The "Johnny was the good guy" thing had been around for a while but only got popular due to How I Met Your Mother doing an episode around the concept with Barney shocking people by claiming that he considered Daniel the villain of the trilogy/Johnny as a guy who did nothing wrong.

(Should note that there is something about Zabka that makes him a polarizing actor in teen drama; I know Patton Oswalt once wrote a short story where he arc welded several of Zabka's teen bully characters into one character and then ended it with the "reveal" that he ends up becoming the gimp in Pulp Fiction and the story ending with him being anally raped and liking it because "he deserved it")

That said, Zabka became a successful indie director and even got an Oscar nomination for a short film he made. That combined with the fac that the rights holders to the Karate Kid franchise were DESPERATE to shake off the fail and AIDS taint of them licensing it out to Will Smith in the abortion that was Jayden Smiths' Karate Kid, that they basically approached Zabka and said "would you want to do a web series based off that episode of HIMYM that said you were the secret protagonist of Karate Kid" and him jumping at it.

Show is enjoyable and is one of the best tv shows out right now

>(Should note that there is something about Zabka that makes him a polarizing actor in teen drama; I know Patton Oswalt once wrote a short story where he arc welded several of Zabka's teen bully characters into one character and then ended it with the "reveal" that he ends up becoming the gimp in Pulp Fiction and the story ending with him being anally raped and liking it because "he deserved it")
Huh. That's weird.

Attached: Will and Pat.png (594x441, 51.83K)

>the two-time All Valley champion and best karate fighter who defeated Johnny Lawrence, Chozen Toguchi, and Mike "The Bad Boy of Karate" Barnes

Attached: 1526368223086.png (638x540, 750.24K)

Except it doesn't do that at all. Johnny sees himself as the protagonist and the victim and it's partly why he's such a fuck up as an adult. It doesn't shy away from Daniel's failings either though which makes it easier to root for Johnny. It's one of the best legacy sequels ever made.

No one gives a fuck about Daniel-san.

The first season was actually really good. Now it's dumb as shit and has clearly jumped the shark but it's entertaining as a guilty pleasure. Zabka is still entertaining as Johnny.

Almost everything was tied up neatly at the end of the season and it would have been the best place to end it. Letting Kreese live was a mistake

yeah it jumped the shark the moment Kreese came back and the show turned into a fucking anime when before that everybody, sans Johnny and Daniel, seemed aware of how fucking stupid it was to take a high school karate tournament this seriously.

now it's at the point they're literally breaking into each other's houses and trying to murder each other over this shit and somehow the police just don't exist in the universe anymore

Season 1 was kind of fun. Then it became a soap opera teen drama. Pass.

Everything after the original Karate Kid and Season 1 feels like an anime. Do you remember Karate Kid III? Complete fucking nonsense with a mental billionaire who loves dumping toxic waste setting up some bizarre scheme for revenge because a kid won an under 18 regional karate championship

>it's an accident/misunderstanding between Robby/Miguel/Daniel/Johnny/Sam/Tory spirals out of control season

Attached: 8a3.png (281x245, 47.29K)

>Don't tell the truth once.
>Everything spirals out of control to the point you're fighting evil korean karate masters led by a bitch who looks like a henchmen to General Zod

Just like Supernatural

The first season was extremely high quality. I still enjoy it, though it has become more soap opera-y and Silver's a really cartoonish villain.

I remember before they introduced him on the show I saw people making videos saying they'd never revive his plot because it was so dumb in the movies. The idea that this millionaire who owns a dinky little karate franchise would seek to destroy the life of one boy who won a fucking karate tournament against them is ridiculous.

The thing is, I really like the characters here and I like the arcs set up. I love that Johnny went from screw up deadbeat dad to having three sons this season. I had the dumbest shit-eating grin when he told Robbie and Miguel that he was having a baby with Miguel's mom and they both went over and hugged him.

I like Miguel, I like Robbie, I like Hawk. I enjoy their stories and want them to succeed. There's something so enjoyably wholesome about the show, even if I started to feel like I was watching G.I.Joe when Silver's jet landed and his league of comic book villains complete with a guy in an eye patch walked out.

Yeah it's a guilty pleasure and jumped the shark after the high school karate war. Like all the karate clubs would have been closed down and Jonny & Daniel put in prison for child endangerment. Miguel wouldn't be able to walk again let alone come back as a great fighter. Robbie would be in institutions for the majority of his life. Carmen and Amanda would have left them etc. But damn is it entertaining still. And much better than the Star Wars sequels while playing with the same themes.

Attached: cob_unit_00051r-a0806ddffd8deb60f5484f651278856fbe0a1190-s1100-c50.jpg (1100x824, 103.8K)

There was more adult drama than teen drama this season. Also, Hawk has turned to Yamcha.

Attached: Ooof and yikes.png (636x354, 270.95K)

I've still got three episodes to go, but it looks like Johnny and Daniel are outright friends at this point, Robbie and Miguel resolved their beef and are basically brothers now, and Same and Tori at the very least are on the same side.

The only problem I see happening is the show has fallen into this eyerolling pattern of redemption arcs, largely because it started as a Johnny redemption arc. Then character after character is introduced as a villain, then redeemed. Johnny, Crease, Robbie, Tori, Chozen. I'm saying this in reply to this post because I figure that kid's going to get a redemption arc and I'm tired of it. Him beating up a dude twice his size who won the freaking karate tournament is silly. So what happens? He realizes he's become the bully and joins Miyagi-do? Like everybody else? But then to do that he'll have to fight some other villain. And then that villain gets a redemption arc in season 7?

I hate that little cunt kid beyond words

Did anybody notice those neon lamp things on all the walls in the Cobra Kai dojos? Wouldn't it be super lame if someone wanted to buy them and hang them up in their apartment? Hahahaha, but really how would they? Like, what specific terms would they need to search? Because I bet that lame person has spent hours searching with terms like "neon led wall lamp bar" and no combination of words seems to find those specific lamps.

Attached: vlcsnap-2022-09-14-04h43m42s634.png (1920x1080, 1.73M)

Look at the credits and see who did the set design. Then message them and ask where they got the lights