Why was this movie so poorly recieved?

Why was this movie so poorly recieved?

Attached: i.jpg (265x320, 25.1K)

it was shit

It would've been pretty bad if it was a late 80's tv movie. Actually seeing theater release was a joke.

>Why was this movie so poorly recieved?

Because it was Sinbad the sailor, but the studio's focus group didn't know who that was, so they changed the origin story and left the rest.

Did you seriously not realise 'Conan' was a pirate in this movie?

Bad villains

Even Momoa said this sucked and got absolutely fucked by execs during post production editing.

Momoa looks too gay without the beard, that's why

Because everyone wanted Arnold to come back for an adaptation of "Hour of the Dragon" with old King Conan, but that keeps getting cancelled, and now it's probably too late for it to be made.

>Did you seriously not realise 'Conan' was a pirate in this movie?
He actually is a pirate sometimes in the Robert E. Howard stories. I haven't seen the Momoa movie so I can't speak for the content. I wouldn't give the studio the benefit of the doubt though.

Jason Momoa was great.
Everything else was bad.

Because it was shit and Mamoa was a terrible casting choice besides. Arnie wasn't a better one but the movies he was in were better overall so it sort of worked.

Maybe because it was trash

>Jason Momoa was great.
I skipped the movie because he doesn't look European enough. Regardless, the Conan stories are too based for American media industry to do justice to.

They managed to make it boring.

Conan canonical was a pirate.

I dunno. A wannabe necromancer and his Freddy Krueger daughter who low key wants to fuck him seem like fair Conan villains.

I feel like people who dont like it only watched the Arnie movie and expected more punchlines. It drew from the source material well and some of the sets and establishing shots were gorgeous. Mamoa doesn't really look like Conan but he represented the character much better than Arnie.

>I skipped the movie because he doesn't look European enough.
"Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet."

In the original stories, Conan isn't really a traditionally white European. Or at least he isn't of the Germanic phenotype.

>be me
>go to high school for autists (yes, really)
>10/10 hot autistic girl in class
>during movie night she wants to watch this movie
>I want to watch Highlander
>class votes for this movie
>after the movie everyone agrees it sucked
>she admits its crap but that she still likes it
>years later I realise she probably just found the lead actor hot

nah, the BARBARIAN of the DESERT joined a pirate ship for one adventure, so he could bone a chick. He wasnt a pirate, pirates tend to live on or around water.

you retconning faggots really are the worst.

>Conan isn't really a traditionally white European
>Barbarians arent from Europe

lol.

t. roman empire.

What part of Germanic did you miss? he is right, Conan was caucasian, but he wasn't "white". Conan stories are filled with lost phenotypes, Conan was something like an hungarian PIE

unless you think Hungarians are Asian you're contradicting yourself. Barbarians (goths and vandals) were European. Hungarians are European.

Hey idiot, not the same guy, but read it again, slowly.
>Conan isn't really a traditionally white European. Or at least he isn't of the Germanic phenotype.

Cope. Conan was a renowned corsair in Hour of the Dragon.