Morrie deserved his cut for giving them the tip of a lifetime, why wouldn't they just give it to him?

Morrie deserved his cut for giving them the tip of a lifetime, why wouldn't they just give it to him?

Attached: mpv-shot0044.jpg (1920x1080, 318.67K)

Because they're a bunch of cunts.

Killing him is cheaper, they were psychos and he had a big mouth.

>trusting criminals to keep their word

Fucking ball breaker that guy, he would have never gotten anything anyway. It wasn't about him you see, everyone that was involved in that heist was whacked by Jimmy's orders. It was among the irishmen, real potato eater shit, nothing we could do about it. And that's that.

That's the funny thing I notice about Goodfellas, in the doo wop half of the movie, he's hyping them all up, glamorizing it, but in the rock half, you see them, warts and all, acting like the selfish pricks they are. Henry's a real unreliable narrator, I wonder how bad those doo wop years really were, he didn't see much of it because he was a kid.

>tfw Jimmy was a literal wig-splitter

FUCK EM IN THE EAR
FUCK EM IN THE OTHA EAR

Far back as you can remember, right.

Morrie was a bookie and airport guy paid his $20k gambling debt with the tip. It's important that the crew originally expected a $2M haul which (surprisingly) turned into $5M in cash plus like $1M in jewellery. By the end Morrie was demanding $500k - I can't tell how he came up with this exact value, but it clearly didn't sit well with Jimmy. However, I think he'd have paid him at least something eventually.

Things turned when it was discovered that Samuel L. Jackson's char failed to dispose the car they used. Jimmy grew increasingly paranoid and whacked anybody who could have connected his crew to the heist one-by-one. Morrie was a small fish in this regard but combined with his significant money demand (which could have resulted in him turning to the FBI in desperation) this ended up as a "two birds with one stone" situation for Jimmy.

They knew he couldn’t threaten them with anything. Their world is based entirely on power. The guy had no men backing him, and he himself wasn’t intimidating whatsoever. They knew they could do what they wanted to him. They ripped him off and if he had never spoken about it he might still be alive, but he kept hounding them so they killed him

Yeah, and now it's all over.

he had it coming desu, he was a tard

HE HAD MONEY FOR THAT FUCKIN COMMERICAL.
WHERE MY MONEY?
WHERE'S MY FUCKING MONEY?
TODAY!
TODAY!

This. It all went fuckey when Jackson's character let the cat out of the bag. I don't think Jimmy was considering killing any of them at the time, although I doubt it's ever entirely off the table for him to kill anyone at any time really. Morrie could expect what was fair to come his way eventually, but shouldn't have pushed it since he wasn't really protected at all. Add to it that Morrie was just the middle guy for their way in and didn't participate or take any risk on the day of the heist, and his trying to weasel into a better deal last minute is especially egregious. I didn't know about the bookie debt, which makes more sense, but still... to endlessly badger Jimmy, of all people? Guy was a walking Darwin Award.

Well, Henry did go over how they were always whacking each other. But it always felt like the other guy deserved it or something, like he stepped out of line. And if you didn't do that then they played by a code and anyone in the game was treated fairly. But yea, not in reality. It always surprised me how many people were dying, they must have had so many people to be able to still run things with this much experienced manpower constantly being killed off regularly. And then I think, why would anyone even stay in that organization seeing what happens? They think it won't happen to them?

naw man, remember how pissed Jimmy got because they were spending their money? Part of it was because it attracted attention, but also, he wanted to keep as much of it as he could for himself.

Yeh, I guess if it really was that extravagent a demand. I figured Morrie would net like $20k or something, 1% as a finders fee is not terrible.

I think it was more like they had systems set up in place, and when one person fucked up in their position, they had others to promote in that position. Like think about the Roman empire and how it managed to work despite emperors dying left and right.

>HURRICANE WINDS

Attached: screen-shot-2017-10-03-at-110643-ampng-7241f7ed36628393.jpg (1280x826, 118.56K)

I think eventually he got greedy after they made it look so appealing to kill them all. Being the main guy behind it I'm sure he would have always gotten the lions share, but them acting like fools made him think maybe it wouldn't so bad to keep it all. Before then, Jimmy seemed to be keeping it "wise guy clean", for instance he paid Paulie right away. Only later did he realize how little he had to lose and how much he had to gain by basically killing everyone.

High risk high reward

its a sign of autism to be confounded by non-obvious behavior. humans are complicated and motivations fluctuate, you animal.

>Oy Jimmy where’s my 1%? My wig shop isn’t paying the bills I need my 5%! I should’ve never trusted a wop to pay me 20%!!!

He gave the tip, he needed a cut of the profits, he could've gone straight to paulie, or any other made men, but he goes straight to Jimmy the Gent.

Attached: 1662605079454691.jpg (577x597, 34.4K)

he was being extremely annoying and the gang was getting greedy so they decided to off the loser that nobody likes anyway. bada bing bada boom.

But they all seem retarded in the movie. Like why would these guys go on that mission and not think, hey this is pretty high stakes, I might get whacked after this. Since so many were getting whacked for lesser things

>But they all seem retarded in the movie
i dont get why you autists demand every character be "logical" in every movie
its because the movie is a tragedy, where the great fall is precipitated by the follies of its players. its also funnier that way, you humorless dingbat