Ignoring the fact that any adaption made now would be shit and infested with clown world nonsense...

Ignoring the fact that any adaption made now would be shit and infested with clown world nonsense, what happens in your ideal adaption? Changes? Casting choices? Hypothetical exercise.

Attached: 435677.png (603x393, 203.75K)

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

>what happens in your ideal adaption?
Denton takes the objectively best ending, the Dark Age

Maybe you should try getting a job?
Keanu of course.
I think its funny that one of the guy who worked on this is a huge leftist yet its the most anti globalist game ever made. Kinda similar with Fallout NV

Alter the order of a few things for the sake of tv-esque kino reveals. Episode one has a cold intro of Bob Page being interviewed on something like a classy Dick Cavett-esque talkshow (he's communicating via the hologram tect from his Hong Kong office). He comes across as a stand up guy trying to fight the plague with his vaccine, which is where all the info on the plague and state of the world is conveyed quite naturally to the audience. Then move onto NYC for whole episode, Simons appears at the Liberty Island HQ also via hologram tech (not yet appointed to FEMA but checking in as a guy instrumental to UNATCO as a former soldier who advised the administration and UN councils) and he also appears like a decent guy. Then only at the end of the episode do you have them meeting at the MJ12 underground hall in Hong Kong with a nigh-verbatim exchange from the game's intro scene (WHY CONTAIN IT?), with a few tweaks like a small conversational preamble between the two and changing the dialogue about the "primary unit" and "secondary unit" to fit a more present context as JC is already in the field now. Also give Page and Walton some facial hologram thing (not too high techy, keep the asethetics cyberpunk to the core) to hide their freaky augmentations, i.e. Walton's electrical scars and Bob's fucking glowing red eyes. The revelations at the end of episode 1 of them as the villains also coincides with the revelation of them both actually looking overtly sinister.

I should side with the Illuminati, get heavily disillusioned, and then merge with Helios months after Page has been defeated. Everett can send JC over the edge when he casually discusses killing people (who have children) that have become inconvenient, i.e. in the same way his and Paul's parents were killed by MJ12

dark age is a retarded ending that pretends that pandora's box hasn't opened and only kicks the can down the road. on top of that just you go from an age of "enlightened despots" to open warlords. the world is not going to be some sort of peace and love anarcho-primitism uncle ted wet dream

It should be a blu-ray, streaming-only miniseries.

Every critical junction has the viewer select which option to go with including the ending. That and an all-white main cast is the only way the adaptation could be faithful.

>kicks the can down the road
You say that like its a bad thing when both the other endings are happy to turn humans into cattle

>Simons
Unironically, my choice.

Attached: sk5yg4pcc2n91.jpg (3264x1282, 197.2K)

>the other endings are happy to turn humans into cattle
there is no indication that helios wants to enslave. if that was its goal then it wouldn't need denton to do it given that it is already silently running the world

Helios is the most ambigious, but it's such a radical step which is why for a limited tv series, I propose this: . Have a 1 hour 30-45 minute finally where it actually goes on past Bob Page being killed and JC leaving Area 51. He sides with Everett, gets disillusioned over several months, and then later merges with Helios and there it ends.

But leftists are anti-globalist user. Self-proclaimed "leftists" who suck of multinational and exploitative corporations are brainwashed cretins firmly upholding and defending the status-quo

Semantics. I mean if you're pushing globalism and aggressive diverse quota shit, its ironic one of the directors or writers, forgot which, made the most anti globalist game ever. I'm anti capitalist, doesn't inherently mean I'm left.

it's an AI, don't pretend its motives are altruistic

Warren Spector? In terms of capitalism, USA kept digging a deeper and deeper grave for itself the less capitalist it got, i.e. the government getting more and more involved in economics/business/education/etc., corporate welfare being orthodox, and then meme solutions like Reagan's neolib fake free market capitalism. Right now it's one of the most highly regulated countries on the planet.

New World Order is an antisemitic trope.

Who the FUCK is gonna play this magnificent bastard?

Attached: 1657226757276.jpg (938x510, 85.03K)

I'd have him press his two fingers into those head nodes and it makes his eyes emite a red light stun. It kills normal people, gives them seizures, etc. JC gets thrown off by it and only survives via the grace of gigaChad genes and 50 billion dollars worth of nano augments

if you actually played the game you would know that it turns out all of the power was supposed to go to a single man, not a conspiratorial organization.

I'd just be tech noir. Easy to do, see pic rel. Ending would be similar to the Matrix or Demolition Man, depending if the film is supposed to be a drama or an action movie. Freejack comes to mind as well. I wouldn't focus on JC though. He's too much of a Steven Segal, although Christian Bale would work.

Focus on a different character, like Walton Simmons:

>after defeating Mexican forces in the Second Mexican-American War, detective/FBI agent WS is appointed FEMA Director
>Prologue: the same intro sequence from the game.
>First act: Int. Yankee Stadium. This week's Ambrosia vaccinations is going smoothly, then explosions. Use of non-lethal gas gernades are shown by UN troops, initially.
>NSF have taken multiple subway stations hostage to try and get Ambrosia for themselves. WS goes to Grand Central Station and a shootout ensues.
>surviving NSF are lined up and executed, WS then meets Bob Page again at Brooklyn NS and tracks JC Denton to Los Angeles as Chinese forces mass off the coast
>Second act: Ext. Burbank train station (formerly Burbank Auto Center). LA is mostly flooded. WS discovers JC has gone to a secret offshore naval base and follows him there
>confrontation with JC, JC escapes by using a non-lethal gas grenade
>sealab is collapsing, WS barely escapes using a US naval submarine. JC's plans are finally revealed, in that will attempt to kill Page.
>Third act: Area 51. Final confrontation in the bunker. JC kills/disables WS and then goes into the bunker where he disables Helios, destroying the entire facility.
>it's the dawn of a new day. WS wakes up to find himself a prisoner of the NSF as world war 3 begins

This is fast and loose but has all the main story beats you'd expect. I'd suggest Gunther but he dies too soon, and there's no point in showing a peacefully occupied Europe as that's actually an improvement over the present. HK scenes would be hard as well, because HK is shut down and no longer the vibrant center of Chinese capitalism.

Attached: Dark_City-222525805-large.jpg (1920x820, 79.92K)