Why did he like Jesse so much? What did he see in him?

Why did he like Jesse so much? What did he see in him?

Attached: 227F97B1-405B-4E9B-A80F-7B6F8557AD39.jpg (1350x1350, 287.82K)

jesse was a kid with ambitions to make big monies in a short amount of time by making and selling drugs while walts son was a spastic with no future

A retard that he was actually able to boss around (unlike his son)

Jesse is pretty much the only person Walt could be his real self around. That's pretty much the binding factor between the two of them, they both get each other despite the fact they both drive each other insane.

Also he's just way closer with Jesse than he is with his real son overall.

He wanted to fuck him
It's heavily implicated he fucked gale.
He had sex with his wife like once and it was rape

Walt was gay.

Attached: 1658701231581451.jpg (124x107, 1.68K)

For Walter’s ego, Jesse was lightning in a bottle. Jesse was someone that Walt was not only smarter than in a general sense, but someone he was smarter than in a scientific context and also someone he could reprimand in order to feel superior. He couldn’t do that with Gretchen and Elliot because they were his peers intellectually and in terms of finanes they were actually Walter’s superiors. Since he fell out with Grey Matter, Walter’s ego had been yearning to get a moment in the sun, and Jesse was that moment.

was he proud of Jesse's lab at the end?

He calls him son when he goes to that crack den to drag him out. Walt was all about the legacy, and his son wasn't doing him any favours so Jesse became his new project.

Attached: 1279684554940.jpg (420x454, 19.14K)

I didn't watch Breaking Bad when it originally aired but I eventually "binged" in on Netflix and I remember that before ever watching that I was led to believe the show was about a high school teacher who becomes friends with and starts making and selling drugs with one of his former students.
I remember waiting basically the whole series for the "rocky" portion of their relationship to end and for them to just be buddies - but that was basically never the case.

Jesse was the son he never had

1. Jesse was easy to manipulate
2. Was one of the few people in his life who he could actually be himself around and open up
3. He had connections
4. Jesse was also ambitious

It's the perfect person for Walt

Gus straight up asked him this and he said
>because he does what I say

Because Jesse was white in a business where he would otherwise be surrounded by beaners

He was like a son who also wasn't a cripple.

He was the only person in his life that didn't make him feel like a eunuch.

Potential

The only time he treats Jesse as anything remotely resembling a friend is the finale.

He brought a certain zest to his high school teachers life.

Guess he was proud of his legacy, he left his "mark"

Is he the perfect portrayal of a boomer dad?
>Never hangs out with his son
>barely even knows him son
>never taught his son anything or spent any time with him
>later on acts surprised when his son is not like you want him to be and is disappointed about him
Just reminds me of that video of a dad attending his son tranny reveal(?) event and you can clearly see him seething, but you just know he never spent any time with his son or was there for him

Because he was the primary person he could dominate assuredly. Everyone else wasn't as easily manipulated

Honestly a pretty good depiction of the utter reptilian subhumanity of introverted narcissists.

It was either that or Flynn. Gus would have eaten Flynn alive

He was gay for him