I watched The Little Mermaid Trailer that has people so upset. I don't know that it will be as bad as many are saying...

I watched The Little Mermaid Trailer that has people so upset. I don't know that it will be as bad as many are saying. There was some good and some bad in the trailer.

Good
>cgi looked good, ocean environment and animals and Ariel's tail looked good
>music was mostly good
>looks like they're sticking to the original story and not changing or adding a whole bunch

Neutral
>if using that much good looking cgi then why even have live action characters at all and not just do a cgi movie? Ariel herself looks like she's cgi much of the time

Bad
>most music was good except actress doesn't show Ariel's emotions during the song, original Ariel's voice actress didn't just sing well but showed her character's feelings in the songs
>actress is not pretty enough to be Ariel and doesn't look like her, they didn't even bother to have her wear blue contacts or dye her hair cherry red

youtube.com/watch?v=G-9FEj3fUWU

Attached: Little Mermaid.jpg (320x180, 13.99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SXKlJuO07eM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: mother-russia-bleeds00081818still002-1472830763515.jpg (1280x720, 77.48K)

What did he mean by this?

>THE CGI LOOKED GOOD

Attached: f6b8b99a3fd932329962accedfa3f9c6.jpg (600x562, 38K)

I'd get upset over it, but then I remember I don't watch any of the live action Disney remakes anyway.

I'll stick to my old school boomer animation.

Attached: 1632896589345.png (1015x893, 452.7K)

>>looks like they're sticking to the original story and not changing or adding a whole bunch
So she dies then?

Yes the cgi looks pretty good.

Yeah the actress isn't pretty enough to be Ariel really.

I meant the animated Disney movie it's based off of.

>actress doesn't show Ariel's emotions during the song
I cringed hard when she did that stereotypical black woman singer "wish I could-- beeeEEEeEeeeEeeeEEEeeEEeeEeeeEEEEEEeeeee" shit. It completely undermines the emotional tone of the song at that point and just seems like the actress is showing off some gay vocal flourish as a real-life flex instead of staying in character. It's unnatural and jarring. Every time modern musicals do this it takes me out of the moment hard, even moreso when it's a remake and I know how the song originally sounded.

Attached: 1659193221920926.png (303x133, 47.22K)

This is what they warned us about with AI being worse than nuclear weapons by the way. AI-generated racist films.

In 2022.

Un. Fucking. Believable.

Everyone shitflinging about black Ariel meanwhile I'm apalled at their sad excuse of a Flounder

Attached: 1663110229992.jpg (720x694, 40.07K)

That was terrible. The rest of her singing is ok, but that part just doesn't fit. She's not showing Ariel's sadness at being cut off from the mysterious world beyond that she can only see snippets of and never reach. The original singer had so much more emotion.

youtube.com/watch?v=SXKlJuO07eM

>I am le impartial observer here to save you all
suck a fuck you weak minded crony

How does a fish girl with no legs have such full hips?

I prefer the nigger.

>I love the part where the thing happened
>It's funny because it didn't actually happen
why do normalfags think they can meme?

It's a kids movie, for kids. Who cares lol

Tell me, user, how exactly does one suck a fuck?

Attached: Capture.png (1109x689, 355.75K)

looks like an ay-lmao. First Anya, now this. Are they trying to condition us for something?

Hollywood should make every film twice.
One with a white actor and one with a black.

That way there is no raycism and people are free to choose the version they like.
MUH FREEDOM OF CHOICE BABY

>cgi looked good
No it didnt

Her being black isn't the problem. It's that she's not pretty enough to be Ariel and she doesn't keep the tone of the song she's singing.

Will we at least get to see her ape feet when she gets legs?

It wouldnt even be a big deal about the race swapping nonsense if the movies were actually good, but none of this shit ever has any kind of emotion or soul. Hell the stories barely even make sense with how much shit they change from the originals.

Attached: under the knee.jpg (885x885, 317.05K)

Some beautiful white girl didn't get raped to play this role, look on the bright side.

Genuine lmao, fenty floyd has had a long and fruitful afterlife.