Darth Vader

An icon whose reign has spanned for 40+ years. Ask almost anyone and they will know who he is. Now for the question, Overrated. Yes or no?

Attached: darth-vader-.jpg (960x540, 54.34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tBOoZ5Tuh2o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He was fine as the antagonist for a series of goofy sci fi films set in the 70s... Just a magic jerk in scary armor, he's gonna get ya!
When you then spend the next 40 years expanding on building his mythos, removing any mystery or intrigue, you take away what made him interesting and now he's just some raging spastic with a red sword who has a Wookiepedia entry that is about the length of the bible.
>Oh cool, this is what Darth Vader ate
>Oh cool, this is what the lime green button on his chest computer did
>Oh cool, this is why his pants looked rubbery and shitty and it wasn't because of a rushed prop designer, they're made of wookie fibre which is immune to fuck shit piss fuck shit piss fuck shit piss fuck shit piss

But what was his tax policy?

I like some parts of the prequels but I will always find retarded how Lucas made Vader some kind of messiah with a virgin birth, being a slave and even a charriot race, I guess he liked Ben Hur too much

All darth vader appearences outside of the main movies are a huge detriment to its character. And by main movies, i mean the numbered episodes. The bits where he is in Rogue One aren't good, that whole movie sucks

Pay your taxes or he'll kill you

the emperor nationalized commerce in the central systems

Darth Vader was not in charge of Tax Policy. He was an enforcer and/or bodyguard. More like the Secret Service.

He was done better, once.

Attached: dbhk4ea-d03a899f-9da9-4cb2-9b23-ba9ddcfde462.jpg (1024x683, 121.7K)

The Obi Wan series made him look like a joke.

Not a big star wars fan, but I have always loved Darth Vader's design
Also awesome

How I wish Grievous wasn't turned into a little bitch in episode 3.
Imagine if he was actually presented as a Jedi killer like he was in the 2d clone wars.

same

Agreed.

I'm convinced Lucas intentionally ruined him because he was getting more popular than Vader at one point.
Also checked.

Every writer who isn't George Lucas wanks him real hard to the point you are concerned that they are hurting themselves
>George writes him consistently as a cowardly villain always running away when shit starts heading south

>implying Grievous wasn't written consistently before RotS

youtu.be/tBOoZ5Tuh2o

Beyond overrated. His design is the only good thing about him. When I see people asking if Thanos was the Vader of this generation I laughed because the question is an insult to Thanos who was actually intimidating in his actions, led his troops into battle, never lost a hand to hand fight and outright achieved his goal before being undone. Vader never inspires the same sense of dread, he comes in after the stormtroopers kill everyone, only beats Obi Wan because he gives up, he gets blasted away in his ship by Han, Luke who is a complete amateur holds his own against him twice and beats him the second time. He loses on Mustafar, he loses in the Obi Wan series. Oh but he walks around menacingly and chokes helpless officers.

great villain when he was introduced and made even better in the prequels

He's just a tool for Luke's arc. I found Vader's conclusion to be pretty goofy in execution. There should have never been words spoken between the two after Vader's betrayal.
>Overrated, Y/N?
Definitely. The design and voice is all there is, and while they're done almost perfectly, the nonexistent character traits people apply to this walking plot device causes it to be overrated.
tl;dr Fuck retarded, ignorant audience members and fanboys. Try actually watching the movies you jerk off to for once.

>he gets blasted away in his ship by Han
Checked. No idea why people always forget this part of the story. It's one of the reasons why Ep is IV bad. The guy is supposed to be one of the best pilots, has the force to sense where people are, literally locks on and fires his rockets at Luke, but Deus ex machina shows up, takes all 3 unawares, blows up his two bodyguards, and doesn't even blow up Vader. The rockets he fired then get deleted from the film.
>Luke who is a complete amateur holds his own against him twice and beats him the second time.
I figured this one was because it was his son and he didn't want to hurt him. It was his one weakness. He would rather Luke join him than be killed.

Cool but didn't Genndy Tartakovsky's animation team come up with the concept for Grevious?

Overrated in a vacuum? No.
Overrated in comparison to other characters? Palpatine was better villain in every way.

No. He's cool.

he isnt “just a magic jerk in scary armor”, hes a high in command figure of the main threat of the story as well as the father of the protagonist. dont be disingenuous.

No? Where do people keep getting this idea that Genndy was responsible for the creation of Grievous?

From the fact that your video is from 2004 and the CLONE WARS was being produced a year before that.

>He would rather Luke join him than be killed.
Luke is like the only person we see him fight and we're supposed to not feel scared for Luke that Vader might kill him but that he's holding back and Luke will be fine? Horrible decision if you wan to make him intimidating. If they had shown Vader slaughtering rebels in battle and flashbacks to him slaying Jedi then maybe it would have balanced out.

You're a retard and you need to read the pinned comment on that video.

assaj ventress was originally dooku, she was then used in clone wars, then the same cartoon introduced grievous before the revenge of the sith, fun fact, one of the concept arts of grievous was a child Thrawn with a giant brain

You sound to me like a subhuman who watches mixes of this villain on a loop everyday.
>I am retarded for using logic but lacking arcane knowledge that has to be sourced
Go touch grass buddy.

there are no powerlevels in star wars, they arent superheroes, the force needs concentration, if they are focused in one thing they can get killed by a fallen tree

Attached: 1647798786304.jpg (1920x816, 248.1K)

Shameful display in the face of defeat.

>assaj ventress
I love her...

Attached: 1610281797862.jpg (248x204, 12.12K)

>Luke is like the only person we see him fight
he fights obi wan retard, and he said he use to hunt other jedis, not Lucas fault thay your imagination is bad.
Vader was mostly playing with Luke until he gets his shoulder hurt by Luke's lightsaber, then he goes full power and ends the duel.
In ROTJ he didnt want to kill him either, that's part of his character, he was also an old machine while Luke was young, wich is why Palpatine wanted Luke.

Overrated as shit. They never show him fight with full power. Only the comics and books , games do justice.

Unfortunately the fuckin rat company declared the force unleashed as non canon with Galen Marek as the secret apprentice of Vader.We could finally see real evil Vader and full force stuff.