Stephen King is a bitch

>be schlocky writer
>talented filmmaked turns one of your books into a classic film
>sperg out because it's not accurate to the shitty novel enough
>17 years later you help make a more accurate adaptation
>everyone thinks it's terrible

Has there ever been a bigger intellectual checkmate than this?

Attached: Stephen_King,_Comicon.jpg (556x707, 43.16K)

don’t care he has good original ideas that can generate kino

His upper lip is fucking weird. Like he painted a mustache skin colored
Cro Magnun lookin mofo

el americano horrorificado

Which right wing celeb did he insult this time?

how can someone who writes explicit, and very graphic child group sex scenes be as celebrated and popular as he is? I'm not even a pedo but everyone thinks I am because I'm shy around girls meanwhile this guy literally creates a giant sign that tells everyone he fantasizes about raping children and he's given millions of dollars

>be schlocky writer

he doesn't even write, it's just a pen name used by publishers to sell books by unknown authors.

Hack. Pure and simple.

Stephen King is based. He is an American hero, pure trailer trash from buttfuck nowhere who got rich and famous from sheer hard graft and inspiration

His kid turned into a tranny, what are the odds they got diddled by Dad?

100%

The Shining is overrated

To me it's heartwarming that instead of just enjoying his immense wealth, King actually bothers to keep writing and even to try to make a more accurate adaptation of one of his works. Maybe his version sucks, I don't know, but I think it's cool that he cares. I don't really get all the constant hate that King gets on here.
>he's shlocky
Maybe, but he is also often entertaining and genuinely effective at making readers feel something, so who gives a shit.
>he hates Trump
Yeah, he has some standard boomer Democrat political opinions, who gives a shit, it's not like he's constantly forcing them on people.
>the pedo scene in It
Is effectively memorable and shocking in a way that little else could have been because it touches on our memories of those weird awkward years of puberty and our taboos about underage sex. Doesn't mean he's ever done anything bad to children.

Stephen King should unironically and without exaggeration be beaten in the street for The Dark Tower. I am not even slightly joking. He deserves public flogging and humiliation.
The Dark Tower took 30 years to write and the first few books are brilliant. Dark, intriguing, fantastical, and grand in scope. It's the best of King with him checking his excesses.
Then came Wizard and Glass, which was still good but a thousand page long flashback filled with stuff Roland couldn't have known because half of it was stuff he wasn't there for, but whatever.
Then he stopped writing it for years.
Then when he restarted it it got worse and worse, endlessly convoluted and you realized he would never be able to wrap it all up in a satisfactory way, culminating in the final two books where HE WRITES HIMSELF INTO HIS OWN BOOK AS A MAJOR CHARACTER INTERACTING WITH HIS CHARACTERS. This is such an act of hackery and arrogance that it is literally shocking that a writer could do this. It's genuinely galling, and an insult to the entire profession that he would do such a thing.
Then, he KNOWS that his ending is so shit, that he interrupts his own book to tell you directly to stop reading it... but this is the tale 30 years in telling. You cannot turn back now. Not at this, the final moment, the last few pages... and then it's a FUCKING TIME LOOP RESET ENDING
Now I dare ask you... why should someone like this not be beaten in the streets and forced to live naked in the wilderness?

Well Kubrick's Shining was shit. Then again everything by King is shit too.

>Is effectively memorable and shocking in a way that little else could have been because it touches on our memories of those weird awkward years of puberty and our taboos about underage sex. Doesn't mean he's ever done anything bad to children.
you are a fucking child rapist

>and then it's a FUCKING TIME LOOP RESET ENDING
Admit it, that epilogue fucked you up and you never recovered

This. Which is probably why he has a feel for small town and working class life, he lived it himself before he got rich and famous.

dont forget lightsabers and sneeches or whatever the fuck those harry potter things are also come from mid-world

>who got rich and famous from sheer hard graft and inspiration
I think you mean drugs and being mentally unstable

The Shining was not very good and Kubrick made it way better than it was. None of the cool imagery in the movie is in the book. That was all the addition of a real genius and King is butthurt because he knows he was beaten.

He became retarded after he was hit by a truck and almost died, there's a very noticable dip in his writing quality before and after

That comes with fame

this fucker wrote so many based movies tho

From what I gather he's a rule of cool kind of writer. He writes entertainment. There's no real interesting thematic representation. The curtains are just blue.
Kubrick was the opposite so that's probably why King didn't like it.

King was a speed and coke find way before he got famous.
Similar to PKD he'd just bosh a shitload of drugs and booze and write for like 48 hours at a time.

Usually when someone almost dies they're humbled but King became a million times more up his own ass.

Attached: TourPhoto2022SMALL.jpg (4320x2883, 2.42M)