Let's settle this once and for all

what's the best film of the LoTR trilogy? and why has nothing come close to the cinematic experience since?

Attached: s-l400.jpg (400x198, 29.01K)

Fellowship > Return > Two Towers

Fellowship was the best film but the films are 7/10 films at best.

Everybody but the most tryhard of contrarian will say Fellowship

Fellowship is easily the best, this is beyond any doubt. Jackson's Middle Earth films go down in quality in the order of release though one could argue between Towers and Return being better than the other.

For me it's Return of the King

Except no, because a lot of people like Two towers or return of the king better, saying fellowship is the best isn't a mainstream idea

Fellowship >> Towers = Return >>>>>> Journey >> Desolation >>>>>>> Battle

This is my personal ranking but I think the consensus is TT is the best one.

Two Towers has the incredibly boring warg and helms deep sequences also the capture by Faramir which is an abomination
It's by far the worst film of them all

Fellowship>Two Towers >Return of the King>Unexpected Journey>Desolation of Smaug>Battle of Five Armies

>a wizard is never diggieless
>he gets dubs precisely when he means to

Attached: 1639641030377.png (828x803, 1.4M)

Jesus, you can literally smell the estrogen from this post.

On IMDB Fellowship is rated 8.8, TT is 8.7 and RotK is 8.9. Although you have to account for people who dislikes the movies watching the first one and rating it low and not bothering to watch the rest.
In any case Fellowship is clearly the best and anyone who thinks otherwise is a pleb who should kts asap.

The extended scenes get progressively worse as the trilogy moves forward.
In Fellowship they mostly serve their function well, they expand the movie with worldbuilding and additional context.
In Towers some of them are alright but the forced comedy starts becoming noticeable and some of the scenes are somewhat ill-fitting. But it's not too bad, it still works.
In Return however the extended scenes are comically shit. Most of it is just humor that even capeshit movies would sneer at for being too juvenile, it's stupid shit that ruins the pacing like skull avalanches or Saruman and Theoden exchanging insults, or the dead trolling Aragorn for no real reason. Return is best watched with the theatrical edition because most of the extended scenes suck.

>watching LOTR 4K release
>they removed the shitty blue filter

Thank you based Jackson

Fellowship 10/10
Two Towers 9/10
Return of the King 9/10 (inb4 waaaaahhhhh muh ghost army)
contrarians get fucked, they're all great movies

They are all parts of the same story, so it's pointless to rate them

In Two Towers the only necessary extended scene is the Faramir flashback. I have no idea how that didn't make the theatrical cut.
Saruman's death scene is necessary for Return of the King as well, because otherwise he's not in it at all. I'm sure there were dumb bookfags sitting the theater waiting for the Scouring of the Shire and were pissed it didn't happen.

No doubt all of them are good movies.
But Fellowship of the Ring is legitimately one of the greatest movies ever made and is easily the best of the trilogy in my opinion.

>Saruman and Theoden exchanging insults
that's like three lines of dialogue you faggot, what's the point in complaining about that?

I don't actually mind the idea of Saruman dying but it was done so crassly and jarringly in the extended edition that it makes for a smoother experience to just not have him in the movie at all.

based autism poster

It wasn't just the ghost army, but womyn power as well. Poorly CGI's denethor running half a mile lit on fire to jump off didn't help things either.

Well I am a tranny on HRT but that's not really relevant
I love the books and have read them multiple times *currently re-reading them atm) and I think it's clear that Peter Jackson messed the films up
Yeah ok, the elves coming to defend Helms Deep is a nice gesture but overall I don't like it and the battle is boring and there's nothing controversial about saying that
They ruined Faramir

>off by 1